Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Issue

Options
  • 28-12-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i have a HP 3050A deskjet printer and when i try to copy a document all i seem to get is a page full of blank ink with a few lines of colour. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

when was the last time you changed your ink cartridges?

you could try running the print head cleaning process (should be part of the installed HP software), checking ink levels and maybe restarting both your printer and pc and then trying to print out a test page from the printer properties (assuming you have windows 7) go to start > devices & printers > right click on your printer > printer properties > print test page and see what comes out.

if that works normally, then try printing the document again. if the document still fails, try printing something else, another document or spreadsheet and see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. There is actually no problem printing something saved on my computer but when i try to scan a paper document and then print it, the issue arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

You're not scanning the back of the page, are you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ah right, i actually have a similar but slightly older model (the C5380), i didn't actually realise it was a scanner/copier/printer type thing and it was the copying part that's causing the problem.

does this sound like it could be your issue? http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Deskjet-3050-all-in-one-prints-but-won-t-copy/td-p/460319

Yeah, seems to be a similar problem, although afaik, the copy function never really worked and didn't only show up after the cartridges were replaced like in the link you provided. It didn't bother me at the time because i had another scanner but that is not working now.

I'll try removing the black cartridge now and see if that changes anything.

• Advertisement

You're not scanning the back of the page, are you!
    No!

I'm giving up. I'll do it at a mates house tomorrow.

Advertisement