Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading in games for cash

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

chococobs wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any shops around Dublin that accept second hand games for cash? I have 15 xbox 360 games that I'm trying to get rid of. I've put an ad up as well: http://www.adverts.ie/games/15-xbox-360-games/2460020?notification=8cdb1c2d0a30084b14d08228d4a2856b-1356565928#comment_11823439
    but I'm wondering if I could get more from a game shop?
    commented on your ad..

btw you will get next to nothing trading for cash.. they have trade in prices for credit to be used instore and if you want cash its normally half that price again.. sell them or you will be giving them away IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chococobs

sorry, I wont be selling any individually. I've just heard about a place called CEX here in Dublin that gives cash for games so I'll go in to them tomorrow and if I get a decent amount I'll take the ad down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

sorry, I wont be selling any individually. I've just heard about a place called CEX here in Dublin that gives cash for games so I'll go in to them tomorrow and if I get a decent amount I'll take the ad down

They will give you less than 25% of the price you paid new for a new game. If you want them sold for cash put them on Ebay and donedeal/gumtree and post on facebook.

Just had a look at your games... anyone who will give good money for COD games will already have some of them so won't want to buy 2nd copies. You would do well to accept the first offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

also because they're yearly franchises you have there you'd be looking at tops for all them in CEX/Gamestop/HMV/Xtra Vision

Would say a good price the shops would give you for them all would be €35 tops.

allanb49 wrote: »
    also because they're yearly franchises you have there you'd be looking at tops for all them in CEX/Gamestop/HMV/Xtra Vision

Would say a good price the shops would give you for them all would be €35 tops.

did you mean €35 for the whole lot? because I went to CEX a few days ago and got €130 so was happy enough, I was only trying to get rid of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

did you mean €35 for the whole lot? because I went to CEX a few days ago and got €130 so was happy enough, I was only trying to get rid of them

You got 130 cash?

That's as believable as me having a twelve inch cock!!! By the way I actually don't have a twelve inch cock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Fair play if you got €130 for all them, I traded in newer non franchise games for credit and only got €40

@ DARK-KNIGHT: maybe you'll grow into yet, because I'm not lying!

@ allanb49: if you look at their website you can see the prices they buy games off you, and I got a good few of them above the €10 mark. I also found Just Cause 2 and Assassin's Creed 1 knocking around at home before I went so I ended up selling 17 games not 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€130 sounds about right for CeX, they're the only shop I'd ever trade-in with nowadays.
    the fact that they have a website so you can check the trade-in values online is their big selling point, you go to Gamestop with a big pile of games, they just give you a random figure that they appear to have plucked out of the air. even if they were able to print out a "quote" of sorts that shows a brekdown of each they'd do better.

Advertisement