Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading in games for cash

• 28-12-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Does anyone know of any shops around Dublin that accept second hand games for cash? I have 15 xbox 360 games that I'm trying to get rid of. I've put an ad up as well: http://www.adverts.ie/games/15-xbox-360-games/2460020
    but I'm wondering if I could get more from a game shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sumpecto

I use CEX on Liffey street, usually have semi-decent prices but it obviously depends on how old the games are. You can also check their website to get a rough idea of what prices they'll offer for the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Use gamesnash a go, they've a section on here where you can post the games and see how much you'll get.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1222

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chococobs

Sumpecto wrote: »
    I use CEX on Liffey street, usually have semi-decent prices but it obviously depends on how old the games are. You can also check their website to get a rough idea of what prices they'll offer for the games.

Just had a look at their website and for the games I have it looks like I'll get a decent amount, about the same as the asking price in my ad. So I think I'll call into them tomorrow. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just make sure you bring ID and (I think) some proof of address. As they're basically and electronic pawnshop, they're stricter on that kind of stuff and you need that ID to open an account with them and to sell/trade them stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chococobs

Just make sure you bring ID and (I think) some proof of address. As they're basically and electronic pawnshop, they're stricter on that kind of stuff and you need that ID to open an account with them and to sell/trade them stuff.

thanks for the tip. I did need ID when I went into them today

@Sumpecto ... thanks for mentioning CEX, i got more cash than the asking price of my ad in the OP

• Advertisement
Advertisement