Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New years pub that has taxi back into city?

Options
  • 28-12-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking this year to forgo the usual houseparty and instead do a nice meal and drinks in some pub just outside the city.
    Start with a nice meal and then drinks until 1-2.

But the pub must have a taxi service back into the city during the night.
    A live band would be nice too.

Any recommendations for pubs with shuttles?
    I was thinking of places like The Twelve Hotel in Barna, Hughes in Spiddal or Padraicins in Furbo or similar place. Anywhere within 20 mins of the city.

Saw this from the Twelve but their package is booked out. I don't want the whole package anyway for us.

We could go further out and stay over but I don't really fancy driving back the next day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Have you looked at Morans of the Weir? You could pre-book a local taxi to take you home at a specified hour. The pub will have some taxi numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks, Kilcolgan seems a little too far out for us.
    I've been to clubs for NYE celebrations over in the pale and they provided shuttle buses out and back home again so was thinking something similar might be available here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

biko wrote: »
    Thanks, Kilcolgan seems a little too far out for us.
    I've been to clubs for NYE celebrations over in the pale and they provided shuttle buses out and back home again so was thinking something similar might be available here too.

Hmm..haven't heard of such a thing here to be honest. The nearest you will probably get to that is having a taxi pre-booked to take you back.

Or you could organise a mini bus yourself and get a gang together...might be a bit late for this year but might be an option for next yr if no such service exists!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ended up just going to a local place.

Happy 2013 all!

Advertisement