Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknarea Arena at the IT

Options
  • 28-12-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to an event or gig there? what was it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I saw KT Tunstall there. It's a good venue, fairly big and the sound was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Obviously the parking is good but what about the rest of facilities like the bar and cafe etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Was at Elvis Costello for Sligo Live 11 and Joan Armatrading this year. The acoustics of the place a surprisingly amazing and at one stage Costello moved away from the microphone and could still be heard clearly up the back.

Seats 1200.

There are no bar facilities in the Arena but for bigger gigs like Sligo Live the promoters arrange for a bar to be set up, this year was bottles only (there was draft the year before). Cafe is small but well run from my experience of using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Plazaman wrote: »
    Was at Elvis Costello for Sligo Live 11 and Joan Armatrading this year. The acoustics of the place a surprisingly amazing and at one stage Costello moved away from the microphone and could still be heard clearly up the back.

Seats 1200.

There are no bar facilities in the Arena but for bigger gigs like Sligo Live the promoters arrange for a bar to be set up, this year was bottles only (there was draft the year before). Cafe is small but well run from my experience of using it.

where was the bar set up? in the cafe or elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Yeah, usually set up at the gym end of the Cafe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement