Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Coast Surf

Options
  • 29-12-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,

Anybody surfing the east coast this time of year, Iv been out in Dublin and Wexford and had some decent surf but no bodies anywhere.

Kadam!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tradtshirt

there was a fair few at magheramore today, also a few in brittas north around the surf school

• Registered Users Posts: 44 darragh97

check the east coast out tommorow! should be pumping by our standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

How can you say something like it'll be pumping tomorrow when you don't even know the conditions required to surf the local breaks:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 darragh97

fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭hames

any heavy cruise ships pulling into Dublin port this week?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

hames wrote: »
    any heavy cruise ships pulling into Dublin port this week?:pac:

http://www.dublinport.ie/information-centre/next-100-arrivals

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭hames

I was just kidding, that's what I associate with 'east coast surfing'

anyone ever tried surfing in Dublin Port? Riding the wave of the 13.40 freight-liner from Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The Ulysses is the boat you want, I've kite surfed and suped it plenty of times 4 pm is the time. Plenty of videos on you tube

Was looking good in Killiney last night about 6. Might take a stroll down in the morning, haven't checked tides yet but if the weather I'd the same as today there was some clean faces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Alot of swell around but WR was muck

• Advertisement

There were a few lads up in front of the car park, seemed to be slightly cleaner. I ended up on daddy duty so could only watch on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MoneyPlease

guys, is there anywhere to surf (actual waves) on the east coast near Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Depends what you call actual waves!! It can be fickle, messy and generally a small window of opportunity to get on them...

BBSS generally have eyeball reports every now and again, worth noting if a strong southerly comes in:
    http://www.facebook.com/BrittasBaySurfSchool

Long thread here with loads of info:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055006840

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

No

Advertisement