Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4s screen replacement

Options
  • 29-12-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, and can anyone recommend a place in Dublin for having a screen on the iphone 4s replaced.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Check this thread out , loads of feedback on different companies

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056368266

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mise123

:)I know a girl who bought screen on ebay for €10 and did it herself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

used Fixiy.ie recently. Very good. Based out in Ballymount. Have various options to chose from

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Mise123 wrote: »
    :)I know a girl who bought screen on ebay for €10 and did it herself

€10 lol, someone's telling porkies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

€10 lol, someone's telling porkies!

Maybe a 3G digitiser only (find them for less than €10)... 4s screen "bit" more expensive...

• Advertisement

Again, I know a girl who bought one on ebay for €10 and did it herself

Mise123 wrote: »
    Again, I know a girl who bought one on ebay for €10 and did it herself
    Those screens for €15-20 euro on ebay are grade B, you wouldnt want one of those on your phone
    OEM or Grade A are €30-35 inc postage
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=iphone+4s+lcd+assembly&_sacat=0&_odkw=iphone+4s+lcd&LH_BIN=1&_sop=2&_osacat=0&_from=R40

Ignorance is a terrible thing.. bless you

Ignorance, where's these €10 screens for the iphone 4S, seems like your the one who can't get over what some girl told ye.
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=iphone+4s+lcd+assembly&_sacat=0&_odkw=iphone+4s+lcd&LH_BIN=1&_sop=2&_osacat=0&_from=R40
    Look at the link above, 90% of the screens are priced €25-€35 when you factor in postage. There are 2 sellers which are well below the rest, €17 is the cheapest I can see on ebay, I guarantee this is a poor quality grade B screen.
    I buy parts from Hong Kong, Europe and Ireland all the time

There are 3 grades of parts in China
    OEM/Original
    Grade A/High Quality Copy
    Grade B/Low Quality Copy

Grade B screens often have dead pixels, poor colour match to the original, poor quality surrounds, LCDs with washed out colours, weak glass, poor fitment and the list go's on. not to mention the amount of DOAs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

godtabh wrote: »
    used Fixiy.ie recently. Very good. Based out in Ballymount. Have various options to chose from

Can second, Fixiy.ie, quick service and very helpful all around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 ogre357

I bought parts from www fixiy ie to complete repair myself and i am still waiting for them many months later. Quick to take the money from the card though.

Advertisement