Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refund of car insurance deposit

Options
  • 29-12-2012 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

im just looking for some advice,i got a 3rd party fire and theft insurance policy through chill in august and paid 3 months deposit up front and monthly paymets there after and would have my last 3 months free.

My car has broke(not a crash,just not working anymore) and repairing it is not worth it and would cost me more in the long run so I canceled was told I need to send everything back in the post and I will get refunded(was a quick call) and im wondering do I get this deposit back?

I received a missed call today from them and rang back and they said they don't know who was calling,they thought ot was someone who was looking at me account yesterday after receiveing my cancellation request and said they would het them to call me but never did.

So do I get it back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Chill is a broker/agent.

Your Policy documentation (from INSURER) will spell out the charges/fees they apply in the event of a cancellation.

You should also have received documentation from CHILL advising of their charges and fees.

Advertisement