Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom cancellation

Options
  • 29-12-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    Switched landline and broadband from Eircom to UPC recently. I called sales in UPC to find out how to proceed, they told me I could keep my eircom number if I sent a form out to them which I did. I asked whether i needed to contact eircom but was told this wasn't necessary as they would sort everything. I've been with eircom about eight years and didn't realise the situation with their contract and was sent out a cancellation bill for over €200 (as well as €160 installation fee for UPC). If I had been aware of this contract I would have let Eircom know I was changing but am now lumbered with this bill. Any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

€160 installation fee for UPC, that sounds steep, was that just for installing broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Frank777

No landline also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Frank777 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Switched landline and broadband from Eircom to UPC recently. I called sales in UPC to find out how to proceed, they told me I could keep my eircom number if I sent a form out to them which I did. I asked whether i needed to contact eircom but was told this wasn't necessary as they would sort everything. I've been with eircom about eight years and didn't realise the situation with their contract and was sent out a cancellation bill for over €200 (as well as €160 installation fee for UPC). If I had been aware of this contract I would have let Eircom know I was changing but am now lumbered with this bill. Any help.

Hi Frank777

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will look into this for you?

Regards
    Linda

dggga

Hi Linda,
    Any luck with that query.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Frank777 wrote: »
    Hi Linda,
    Any luck with that query.

Hi Frank777

I have just sent you a PM.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fifik1

Hi all
    Last November rang eircom to cancell my landline after 2.5 years with them.They said 30 days and I`ll be done no problem.Followed procedureds.Send them emails etc...My landline should be cancell on 21st Dec 2012. On 11th December I received a bill from eircom as normal with line rental until 9th January.Rang them again looking for closing bill .Lady I spoke to was very smart with me first place and told me to ignore this bill and I should receive a closing bill from them shortly. But I smelll the rat and went to the bank to cancell my standing order for eircom.Send another 2 emails to the cancellation department and customer service department.Explain my sytuation and ask again to issue me a proper bill.No replay.
    Now i`ve got a letter from Eircom Direct Debit Section.They looking for money from that last bill and I`ve got a fee as well to pay.Could somebody help me how to solve that problem? I rang the Eircom, send them few emails, followed the procedures but it looks like one half of this company don`t know what other half is doing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi fifik1

Can you please PM me your landline/account details? I will look into this for you.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fifik1

Hi Alan
    I`ve got my final bill from Eircom (with fee). Rang them again and looks like have to pay this bill (fee).. for quiet life. Just to aware customers if they gonna stop direct debit with Eircom they have to notify EIRCOM DIRECT DEBIT SECTION I did notify customer service and cancellation section only.Rep person never told me I have to notify exactly direct debit department.Now I have to pay fee for not letting them know. Well... another lesson in life...

Advertisement