Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't starve

Options
  • 29-12-2012 4:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Has anyone picked up this up on steam?

Been playing it non stop the last few nights and its so addictive and way deeper than I thought.

I originally downloaded it illegally but picked it up tonight and steam cause I thought it was definitely worth the money.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Played an hour or two of it and really enjoying it.

Gonna put some more time into it this weekend and see what the other characters bring to the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Played it last night after paying into the beta. Wonderful game, but can be quite unforgiving. Thankfully any research you unlock carries over to a new game so still get the satisfaction of progressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

what is it?

allanb49 wrote: »
    what is it?

Don’t Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic.
    Play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.

Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.

Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration:
    No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.

Constant Updates:
    Join an active community that is helping to shape the game for release! Provide feedback and joint discussions with the community and developers.

Dark and Whimsical Visuals:
    2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.

Randomly Generated New Worlds:
    Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

How much is it?

• Advertisement

donalg1 wrote: »
    How much is it?

I paid $11, so it's roughly €8. It'll go up 20% at launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Think its around 11 euro on steam at the moment but you get 2 copies of it for that.If I haven't spent everything by friday might pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I've got a copy if anyone wants it for a fiver or trade for something else on steam.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

After 30 minutes of playing it this evening I just know that if I don't uninstall it now I'll be divorced by the end of the week :)

Excellent game. I got killed on Day 7 by some weird dog-like creatures. Next time I'll have a sword ready for them.

Here's a good into video for those who are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Wossack

..want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

dazftw wrote: »
    I've got a copy if anyone wants it for a fiver or trade for something else on steam.

Anything you want on steam for €5 and I'll gift it to you??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dazftw wrote: »

give you the ship complete pack for it? And 10 dota 2 invites :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Just picked this up on recommendation of this thread. Another Steam game I'll play twice and forget exists! Hurrah

....try not to plant trees too close to your campfire :(

Day 8 and I just burned down everything I had lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

2nd time round

Day 8

I discover to my horror what a werepig is....

lol.. my entourage of pigmen had a bit of a revolt over night... :o

Ponster wrote: »
    2nd time round

Day 8

I discover to my horror what a werepig is....

lol ditto..

also swung my axe at the wrong type of tree :eek:

Wossack wrote: »
    also swung my axe at the wrong type of tree :eek:

I have no idea what that means but what's different to this than Minecraft is that I don't want to spoil anything by reading wikis and watching the Lets Play videos on Youtube.

Anyone want to trade their extra copy for something worth around €6 on steam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭Nollog

My world's on day 113 I think now.

protip:
    buy from their own website and you get 2 steam keys and 2 chrome store keys for $12 which is about 2 euro less than the steam price.
    http://www.dontstarvegame.com

I didn't get an extra copy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

/\/ollog wrote: »
    My world's on day 113 I think now.

protip:
    buy from their own website and you get 2 steam keys and 2 chrome store keys for $12 which is about 2 euro less than the steam price.
    http://www.dontstarvegame.com

Done this, and only got the "Unique gift URL" mailed to me... O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ponster wrote: »
    I have no idea what that means but what's different to this than Minecraft is that I don't want to spoil anything by reading wikis and watching the Lets Play videos on Youtube.

Graphically it's completely different.
    It's not about "Building structures and fancy things for the laugh" - it's about making things to survive.
    You could watch a simple WTF is , he doesn't give too much away - just watch the first 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

COYVB wrote: »
    I didn't get an extra copy :(

You sure? You bought it on steam?

I gave my copy away to a friend!

I haven't played in about a week I must check if they updated it again. My only gripe is it wont have an sort of multiplayer co-op.

Just got the free copy when I logged in. Must've been a delay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm intrigued by this game now....

To buy or not to buy.
    My limited schedule is already full with recent purchases of Tropico 4, I am Alive and Deus Ex...

COYVB wrote: »
    Just got the free copy when I logged in. Must've been a delay

Let me know if you want to swap it for something on steam!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This is addictive though part of me wants to figure out how to get past barely being able to womp spiders another part wants to discover for myself. To google or not to google...

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    To google or not to google...

I've decided to use the wiki when I come across something that I really can't figure out (like the amulet I found).

Advertisement