Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Youtube Changed?

Options
  • 29-12-2012 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭

Lately I've noticed that my Youtube browsing has become a lot less enjoyable. The sidebar videos tend to be full of "recommended for you" rather than videos related to the one I'm watching.

An example would be that tonight I watched a video of an American TV show where they discussed gun control and I would liked to have watched a few more like it. Instead, my sidebar was filled with videos of Bertie Ahern because I watched a Dail debate sometime last week. Now everytime I watch anything, I have clips of Mattie McGrath or something on the sidebar.

I've signed out of my account to watch YouTube while not signed in and it's still the same.

Has there been a change in YouTube policy recently or can I change this somehow? I've looked all over the page and there doesn't seem to be any options I can fiddle with :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Its utterly broken imo. Can't find my subbed videos unless I have a two click process... its too cluttered by my subscriptions "liking" or "commenting" on videos. It is by far the worst incarnation of the site to date. There are quick fixes like bookmarking the URL for your subscriptions/uploads only etc but it's not really the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Yep, I've signed off all google products tbh.

Time to find replacements for each cos it's MONEYMAKIN TIME (for them not us).

Ask any vlogger - YouTubes hayday ended a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

So much going against it now including what has been said above.

Also the end of the pre-installed app on IOS6 with Apple is a pain, the new App is sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Ask any vlogger - YouTubes hayday ended a year ago.
    What are they using instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

What are they using instead?

A lot of them just quit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

I agree with much of what has been said, but I still think websites like Youtube are a miracle of sorts. I remember when, on a shity dial-up connection, you might have to wait hours to download a live acoustic version of a Radiohead song on WinMX. Now, a few clicks and you can listen to it instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

A lot of them just quit
    Oh.

Google will fix it shortly, they can pretty much do no wrong.

Give them Feedback or they won't know.

Advertisement