Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland

Options
  • 29-12-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭

Games coming thick and fast now. To be fair the performance against villa was top class IMO so the only reason to change things around would be to rest some legs. And gallas' should be first with caulker getting a game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Should be a tough game with Sunderand finding a bit of form lately, we'll need to be clinical unlike Man City the other day..

Sandro could be due a rest with Parker looking sharp v Villa..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

MrKingsley wrote: »
    And gallas' should be first with caulker getting a game.

Your wish has been granted!

Verthongen on the bench though.

@SpursOfficial: Our starting team today: Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Naughton, Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Bale, Adebayor & Defoe

And our subs today: Friedel, Vertoghen, Huddestone, Livermore, Parker, Dempsey & Sigurdsson #COYS

Caulker & Dawson, this will be a test!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Gutsy move to change both CBs but in AVB we Trust!!!!

Im happy with the team though. Vertz has barely had a breather all season and we should still be able to keep this attack out with daws and caulker.

Im predicting a nervy 2-1 for the yiddos. ade and bale. Might just put a few squid on that actually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Jan was due a break, still a bit disappointed but lets be honest I don't remember the last game he didn't play in!

3 points - I'd love an easy win but that definitely won't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Little worried that the backline changed so much but then again people were complaining of not enough rotation under redknapp.

It's a long season. Verts played a lot of football already this season so maybe due a break.

Dawson making me nervous already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

How is Walker getting beaten so often? Yer man he's against isn't even quick - very poor defensively from him. Can't believe that Ade has only scored one goal this season! That's a shocking return.

Good spell of pressure this - be nice to get a goal from it.

• Advertisement

Oh man, hit the bar from no more than 2 - 3 yards

Tap it not lash it ade!....

Need to make this pressure count, unlucky for Ade there, a goal would lift his confidence... COYS

Lennon looking very dangerous today!

Well done Walker.

Jammy bastards, all because of Walker really - stupid from him, even though it was never a free kick. Lloris incredibly unlucky after an unbelievable save, the ball couldn't have fallen any kinder for O'Shea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What the hell was Walker at there? Idiot. Terrible defense from the free as well. Great save by Lloris, but than Ade stands still and loses his man. Awful stuff.

Got a feeling that the more this game progresses the more pissed off I'll be listening to Niall Quinn.

irishmover wrote: »
    Got a feeling that the more this game progresses the more pissed off I'll be listening to Niall Quinn.

Yeah, I can't stand him as a commentator, he talks some amount of sh1te. Plus, because of his past he's extremely biased.

SuprSi wrote: »

Yeah, I can't stand him as a commentator, he talks some amount of sh1te. Plus, because of his past he's extremely biased.

It's just the same with David Pleat.

FFS Defoe, get up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

No coincidence that two of our worst performers this season are the reason we are behind, Ade and Walker. It is so very frustrating.

Yeah, Ade has been rubbish. I didn't see the Villa game but I heard he was crap then as well. 1 goal this season simply isn't good enough either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Not for the first time going behind when we're well on top,still can't believe Adebeyar missed that easy chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

This hangover just got a whole lot worse... Ade's hair is about as good as his form lately!

He's absolutely shocking

No need for panic, I'd like to see Siggy dropped in for Adebayor, in AVB we trust!

COYS!

The frustrating thing is that we played very well for the last 30 minutes of that half, completely dominating. Had Ade been even the slightest bit clinical, we'd more than likely be praising an excellent away performance.

Hopefully, if the lads can maintain this level of performance, we'll get at least a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sunderland will just sit back now and boot it anywhere,waste as much time as they can.Not going to be easy to score against them.

Woohoo!! Own goal. That makes up for their luck in the first goal.

C'mon now, back to all square, let's push on and win this now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

SuprSi wrote: »
    Woohoo!! Own goal. That makes up for their luck in the first goal.

Jammy as hell, but no less than we deserve.

Advertisement