Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Someone is really going to have to take a sledge hammer to Bale for him to get a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Penalty. Simple as that. His yellow should be rescinded just like red cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

"This is the same again - three times now I've been clipped and I've been booked for no reason. People keep saying I dive but if you're clipped it's not a dive. Referees just have to look a bit closer."

I think he needs to be less theatrical, but then again if you know you're going to be fouled you try get out of the way to prevent injury..

He handled the interrogation very well.

Lennon, easily his best game this season. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

In many ways this was a better result than the villa game as we had to come from behind to win it.

Our resolve looks much better these days especially with Parker and Daws involved.

And the players seem to understand AVBs tactics better now.. Either that or he's stopped with the crazy decision s and substitutions.

• Advertisement

Nice one, I had a dream last night Lennon would score and backed him at half time to be second goal scorer @ 14's, forgot the OG didn't count!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Just spotted this on another forum, which shows it's a clear penalty. I thought it was a dive first, to be fair;

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/leephelps/view/14512962

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

That was as good a 90 minutes as ive seen from us this season. The quality of our possession was top calss. Lloris was absolutely immense aswell as sandro, naughton, dembele and lennon.

Booking bale was absolute horsesh1t. If thats grounds for a booking then why was defoe not booked for a much worse offence in the first half? Or sessengnon(or however you spell it) sent off three times over. Its a case of the ref having a predetermined notion of what certain players are going to do which completely contradicts one of the most important aspects of their job. ie. being impartial

Can't look away from gilette soccer Saturday... Great day of football!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

irishmover wrote: »
    Penalty. Simple as that. His yellow should be rescinded just like red cards.

Yellows can't be appealed so therefore it wont rescinded. On the game we murdered them 4 or 5-1 wouldnt have flattered. Roll on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

yiddo59 wrote: »

On the game we murdered them 4 or 5-1 wouldnt have flattered. Roll on Tuesday.

Looking at the GD, we need to give some team a right good spanking. Hopefully Tuesday will be the day!

yiddo59 wrote: »

Yellows can't be appealed so therefore it wont rescinded. On the game we murdered them 4 or 5-1 wouldnt have flattered. Roll on Tuesday.

I know that which is why I said should!..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I agree with Mr Kingsley with regard to our possession game. It was fantastic to watch. The odd time Sunderland got the ball they didn't have it for long before we were passing it around with ease.

One major issue is Kyle Walker. Yes he's being playing a little better recently, but his stupidity WILL cost us many points. One of his stupid fouls gave away a goal today. Though Sunderland's ONLY threat was via set pieces yet Kyle Walker gave away stupid free after stupid free. In the last couple minutes of the match (during injury time) he gave away a free on our right hand flank, could have been disastrous for us.... when AVB talks of 'concentration in the last ten minutes' he basically means 'we need to keep Kyle Walker away from the ball for the last ten minutes'.

On a similar but different note, Kyle Naughton's concentration saved us in the last ten minutes. He covered in behind Dawson and got in front of Fletcher - fantastic defending and not easy to do after 90 minutes of running. Kyle Naughton, future first-team right back? On today's performance..... Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Totally agree about Walker, have been saying it since the Manyoo match, he's been dreadful this season and is a total liability. The only reason as far as I can see that he hasn't been dropped is because there is no one to replace him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've been very impressed with Naughton in the last few games. Granted, he's not been challenged too much, but he looks sharp and has made some great passes. Would be good to see him get more game time, and would definitely be good for Benny to have some competition when he comes back.

Naughton has definitely upped his game since the arsenal match and have to consider he's still being played out of his natural position. Attacking wise he looks very comfortable too..

Based on form he should be a straight swap for Walker when BAE is available, it's frightening how inconsistent Walker has become..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Based on form he should be a straight swap for Walker when BAE is available, it's frightening how inconsistent Walker has become..

Completely agree. At least for 2/3 to a)give walker a break and b) to let him no that he actually has some competition. His inconsistency is a worry alright and its not just from game to game. Its for 10 minutes he looks so good and the in the next 10 you just dont no whats going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Naughton has definitely upped his game since the arsenal match and have to consider he's still being played out of his natural position. Attacking wise he looks very comfortable too..

Walker is the new Paul Mc Shane ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

tippspur wrote: »
    Walker is the new Paul Mc Shane ;)

Ah here, leave it out...

Advertisement