Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for people surfing donegal area

Options
  • 29-12-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

hey guys, just wondering if many of you surf donegal area? i often surf bundoran direction but was wondering if anyone be interested in checking out some spots in north donegal?

thanks
    lee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

heya ,

there are a group of us that go to Donegal every month , we usually stay in Bundoran for the craic but we Surf from Streedagh, Tullan to Rosnowlagh. If that's a bit beginner for you then just join us at the pub later, link in my sig (hope this is allowed)

bring beer !

Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slimgsi

i often surf tualln when its flat elsewhere.. hitting the pub sounds good to me, meet a few like minded people. gimme a shout next time ur headed over :)

lee

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭hames

I surf Bundoran from now until late in the year, don't know much about going up further North.

There might be better surf spots up north but I bet they don't have an Aqua night club!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ratticus

I am up in b'doran about once a month myself. I will be there all of next week actually. ;-) Let me know when you are next heading up.
    Has anyone surfed Murckross? It looks superb and totally empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

ratticus wrote: »
    I am up in b'doran about once a month myself. I will be there all of next week actually. ;-) Let me know when you are next heading up.
    Has anyone surfed Murckross? It looks superb and totally empty.

Have been there once, missed good surf as I got skunked by the tide but others got it good. But be warned - it is very exposed so it is always bigger than it looks and it's isolated if something goes wrong you are on your own.

On the plus side there other side of the head land has great snorkeling.

• Advertisement

Do you guys stay in one of the surf lodges?

I usually stay in the surfco on main street, or rougey since it opened up, but wouldnt mind renting a place with some mates for a week now and again, but that sort of accommodation seems to be in short supply in bundoran, is it?

hames , raticus : sorry I was there last weekend running the Single's Surf event . 42 people in total !!
    some great surfing at Tullan both Sat and Sunday as it was working best .

We are going again on the 23rd of March to Bundoran, and I believe we are having a big night out in Dublin next week for everyone to meet each other. I'll post details once I know , or you can use the link in my signature to see ! (I must be skirting banning territory by now )

so you are all more than welcome to join us, there are no fee's , just pay for lessons and rental if you need either.And a big all you can eat BBQ on our trips.

Fionn

Fionn101, I think I've heard about your group from someone who works at one of the Craig bros. surf lodges?

All good reports if it was you guys:pac:
    sounds great

yes the infamous Craig brothers, guilty as charged ...we are back up in Bundoran on the 23rd if anyone is available for drinking ? with a skydive on the way up just to start the weekend proper

give me a shout if you are up that way hames ( and everyone else)

a lot of the surf reports had ear marked Donegal as flat over the weekend , which meant that Tullan strand was virtually empty and full of nice waves being kept upright by the freezing wind :-) .
    It was glorious , 2-3 ft and a great tempo between sets gave us all a chance to get out back.
    Honestly one of the best weekends (conditions wise) I've had up there, so don't believe all the reports you read

• Advertisement

i checked tullan out on sat evening and it was as flat as water worlds swimmin pool. u must have hit it at a perfect time. this weekend on the other hand cud be epic, findin the right place to surd is gonna be the tricky bit, im sure we can look past that minor problem :D

yes we went into the water for 11.30 just as the tide was on it's way back in and it worked well for us. Didn't stay in so long due to the temp but it was a great session all the same.

see you for beers next time so.

beers next time sounds great. hope your getting into the water for easter, looking epic :D

Advertisement