Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer flop of the year 2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

matt jarvis hasnt done great , 1 goal and 2 assists in 17 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

matt jarvis hasnt done great , 1 goal and 2 assists in 17 games.

I cursed him by picking him in the early weeks of Fantasy Football.He hasn't been the same since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Kagawa hasn't lived up to my expectations, thought he'd hit the groud running but was pretty average prior to injury.

Worst though probably Hoilet.

Looked class today.Great to see him back from injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Sigurdsson has played 21 times for Spurs this season... Hardly wasting away!

his performances have been above average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Quite harsh after only 492 minutes in 7 games of premier league action!!

Didn't say he was the worst but deserved a mention. Considering how specials he was for Dortmund I thought he'd make the adjustment quick like Hazard and Santi did but he's showed nothing near his potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Didn't say he was the worst but deserved a mention. Considering how specials he was for Dortmund I thought he'd make the adjustment quick like Hazard and Santi did but he's showed nothing near his potential.

The sample size is too small for him to be even mentioned though.

His first game against Everton, he was excellent, by far and away United's best player that night. The next game against Fulham he got man of the match. He's only played a handful of games since then, in which he had been admittedly pretty average. And then he returned today and was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Andrei Kanchelskis apart (although he was born in Ukraine), Russians just can't seem to hack British football.

Russian footballers are the opposite of the image of Russia as tough and resilient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Blatter wrote: »

The sample size is too small for him to be even mentioned though.

His first game against Everton, he was excellent, by far and away United's best player that night. The next game against Fulham he got man of the match. He's only played a handful of games since then, in which he had been admittedly pretty average. And then he returned today and was very good.

Excellent is ridiculously hyperbolic for that performance against Everton, he was decent in a very below par team performance. I'm just comparing him to his own very high standards of last season and he's fallen way short of that so far, sample size admittedly is small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Javi Garcia for €16m and presumably big wages has to be up there.
    Has been very poor so far and when he starts City have been generally poor.
    He also has been a step down from De Jong who had the ability to intimidate the opposition in big games.
    He is an asset at set pieces and may improve as he settles down in English football however.

Rodwell has been poor when he has played but injury has hampered him and he is still young.

• Advertisement

Giroud with 6 in 18 (11 starts) in the league, 9 in 25 (15) overall. Don't think it'd be fair to call him a flop yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I think Granero is worth a mention. I thought he was a bargain tbh but he has been tripe for QPR. Needs to return to Spain. Top player still in my eyes.

Granero is my pick too. Thought he'd be much better than he was.

Have to disagree with folks who say Lloris, he's quality and has years ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Giroud.

11 goals 9 assists in first half of the season..

Ba ha ha ha ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

11 goals 9 assists in first half of the season..

Ba ha ha ha ha!

Quite a few teams out there who could do with a couple of flops in their team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Sigurdsson has played 21 times for Spurs this season... Hardly wasting away!

his performances have been above average.

I've not witnessed any.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

OctavarIan wrote: »

I doubt the majority of PL viewers follow La Liga with any intensity outside of Real/Barca, especially the clubs down near the relegation zone. So for many people he did come out of nowhere. And for an unknown player to come in for a pittance to a mid-table side and do so well was surprising to a lot of people.

Well that's still not a revelation, that's just ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I've not witnessed any.

A lot of them are sub performances, coming on for Dembele...hope he doesn't turn into this season's Krancjar/Pienaar, joining us and then not getting a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well that's still not a revelation, that's just ignorance.

Nonsense, it's just that not all of us have the time to follow the Spanish league as well as our own respective teams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

bad2dabone wrote: »

Have to disagree with folks who say Lloris, he's quality and has years ahead of him.

Hes played 10 games in the League and kept 5 clean sheets. Impossible to put him into a thread with a title such as this

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Poor oul Granero gets my vote. I thought that was a great capture! Really not showing much.

He musta been thinking when he walked into Loftus Road... This ain't the Bernabeu? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Park Ji-Sung has been a terrible signing for QPR, was even made captain by Hughes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Bosingwa. Getting paid 65k a week to not warm the bench takes the biscuit.

Advertisement