Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 20 matchday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Yeah, 35 points:o Less than half the total I got the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

unkymo wrote: »
    48 before bonuses.

I need 2 points for my 9th 50+ GW in a row and 6 to get to the 1,000 point mark.

RVP(c), Ba and Mata hopefully to get the BP's.

4 BP's so 52 for the GW, I'm happy with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Total for the week 48 plus a pulled hamstring...roll on WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

3 for Lambert. Expected but very much appreciated.

Was hoping for more for RVP. Can see myself slipping from my current spot.

Really wish all the games were on one day like the ones during the week. Doesn't give you any false hopes about your position in the standings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Suarez (c) 6, Lennon 3 and RVP 1. Brings me to 58 for the weekend. Happy with that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

96 after BPs still have never broke 100 points in a gw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

can u use the Wildcard for GW 21 or GW 22?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

5 bps for me (Rangel 1, RvP 1 and Suarez 3) - 51 total. Happy with that given the GW that was in it.

MD1990 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

MD1990 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

53 points for me. Amazing, considering that at 17.00 yesterday I had 7 points from my first 6 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

An absolute Nightmare of a game week. 29 points.

10 players. My 5 man defense got a massive total of 3 points. And to top it off I subbed Ba out for Defoe. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

65 after bonus. Off to plan transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

BPs

Sunderland - Spurs

Lennon - 3
    Adebayor - 2
    Lloris - 1
    Caulker - 1

Aston Villa - Wigan

Ramis - 3
    Kone - 3
    Boyce - 1

Fulham - Swansea

Graham - 3
    De Guzman - 2
    Rangel - 1

Man. United - West Brom

Young - 3
    Evans - 2
    Valencia - 1
    Van Persie - 1

Norwich - Man. City

Dzeko - 3
    Aguero - 2
    R. Martin - 1

Reading - West Ham

Pogrebnyak - 3
    Karacan - 2
    Federici - 1

Stoke - Southampton

Lambert - 3
    Upson - 2
    Rodriguez - 1

Arsenal - Newcastle

Walcott - 3
    Podolski - 2
    Marveaux - 1

Everton - Chelsea

Lampard - 3
    Mata - 2
    Pienaar - 1

QPR - Liverpool

Suarez - 3
    Agger - 2
    Gerrard - 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

CSF wrote: »
    Anyone wanna try gimme their estimate of what the average score will be this week? H2H purposes.

it's 23 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Suarez and Liverpool helped me out in a big way. 57 pts which I'll gladly take. Almost eases the pain of losing my cup game by a point. Almost.

Enrique's injury though is a kick to the nuts. Might have to use my transfer on the defence now.

52 after bonus, happy enough with that. Nearest rival got 32 which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

42 after bonus. Rough week, dropped from #1 to #3 in my main league.

On the plus side predicted the Chelsea 2 - 1 Everton scoreline @ 9/1 though. :) Had Liverpool down for a 3-1 win too, the QPR goal just never came.

J o e wrote: »
    42 after bonus. Rough week, dropped from #1 to #3 in my main league.

On the plus side predicted the Chelsea 3 - 1 Everton scoreline @ 9/1 though. :) Had Liverpool down for a 3-1 win too, the QPR goal just never came.

dunno how to tell you this but...

Chelsea won 2 -1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

2 bps for Evans, 3 for Pog and 1 for RVP (c) . Finished on 53 which isn't too bad considering don't have Suarez, Ba, Mata or Walcott.. still sickened I went for Nolan instead this week though :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

batistuta9 wrote: »
    it's 23 now
    Finished up at 42, I got 45 so delightful stuff for me. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chelsea won 2 -1
    Thats gotta sting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

96 after BPs still have never broke 100 points in a gw
    You must not be playing that long so? There was a DGW a couple of years ago where I remember getting 163 points. Captain Rooney got me 64 or something.

Chelsea won 2 -1

Haha - d'oh yes I meant 2 - 1! Typo! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

G1032 wrote: »
    You must not be playing that long so? There was a DGW a couple of years ago where I remember getting 163 points. Captain Rooney got me 64 or something.

Or maybe he's playing years and didn't captain Rooney during a DGW.

J o e wrote: »
    Haha - d'oh yes I meant 2 - 1! Typo! :P

Saving face, eh?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

85 points. Best week in ages. Could have been phenomenal had I not captained RVP. I also have never broken the 100 point mark in 4 years of playing.

Saving face, eh?

:pac:

:p Just noticed it was actually 8/1 not 9/1, still - happy with that! ;)

Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Delighted with my 32 points. Worst week of the season and gonna be a big drop from 21k overall. And 23 of them points were from 3 players and yes i had 11 playing :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Maybe.

Playing years!

I said gw, but i really meant regular 1 game played game weeks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

51pts. Completely taking that after the start to the gameweek. Knocked out of the cup but sure that's not really worth anything. Broke 1,100 and still on top in work so happy out.

Roll on Jan WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Suarez's score today did more damage to me than Walcott's yesterday. Frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Suarez's score today did more damage to me than Walcott's yesterday. Frustrating.

Three players I said at the start of the week I was worried about - Ba, Suarez and Walcott. This game can really kick you square in the nuts sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

41, not great but considering I had 15 last night with only 4 to play Ill happily take it. Thought I was a genius getting in Hernandez this week :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Horrendous. Finished on 32 points, having had only 9 players play. And one of those got -2 FFS. Dropped around 40k places in the rankings, and plummeted down to 217 in the Boards league. Like others, not having any of Walcott, Ba, or Suarez was just a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

irish son wrote: »
    41, not great but considering I had 15 last night with only 4 to play Ill happily take it. Thought I was a genius getting in Hernandez this week :o

Me too. Thought if rvp was rested hernandez would cover me. Too smart for my own good. Too out Lambert for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

42 points drops me out of the top 40k in the world. Could have been worse. Again my transfer didn't work and I've already shipped Bale (short on players for next week).

This year has been funny for me, 2 weeks of red arrows, then 3 weeks of green arrows, then 7 (yes seven!) weeks of red arrows, then 5 weeks of green arrows and now 2 weeks of red arrows. It's gone in cycles for me and I've no doubt the current run of 2 weeks of red arrows is soon to be 3 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He once choose Lallana as captain, and put Walcott at the end of the bench at the same time:
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/320979/event-history/14/

I am jealous anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Finished on 54 points. That's the 7th consecutive week I've got over 50 points and into the top 10k overall for the first time too so I'm happy with how my season is progressing. The Christmas period is crucial as a lot of rotating occurs leaving teams stretched so to have got through it reasonably unscathed up to now is a bonus to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Only 1.1 millionth though, he got a lucky week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

68 points for the week has lifted me from 106k in the world to 63k. Need to keep the momentum going now.

I've had two lads slagging me about my performance in our private league for weeks now because one of them was ahead of me and I've been poor this year so far.

They're not laughing now. One of them was 30 points ahead of me going into that GW and is now only 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

irish son wrote: »
    amber69 wrote: »
    Me too. Thought if rvp was rested hernandez would cover me. Too smart for my own good. Too out Lambert for him.

I took out Aguero :mad: I never even thought of Hernandez until someone mentioned him here and I thought it sounded like a great idea.

56 points this week. Dropped again in the boards league. Dropped to approx 13000 overall too. Very bad Christmas for me. And not going to make things easier on myself by having both Bale and Michu in my squad for next GW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

56 points this week. Dropped again in the boards league. Dropped to approx 13000 overall too. Very bad Christmas for me. And not going to make things easier on myself by having both Bale and Michu in my squad for next GW.

Only bout 1,000,000 places below you

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

47 for me. Still 70-80 points clear in both my leagues, but dropping overall places to around the 1,700 mark.

Made two very early, hasty and half asleep transfers yesterday morning though and although I got players I wanted, I don't think I looked at my team as a whole and feel I have a bad week coming up. Time will tell I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Somehow ended up with 48, 27 of which came from QPR v Liverpool. Suprisingly dropped under 1,000 odd places overall, to 12,400ish. No damage done in private league either where I lead by 60ish after a good Xmas. Feel lucky as had very little time to research lately, and transfers have been very short-term thinking (e.g. got Bale in for Carzola for Boxing day)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ended up on 61 for the week, happy days considering i only had 8 players starting! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

a rise of 30,000 places and into the top 20,000 for the first time all season. 91 pts -12(hit), but i don't care because that last hit was to get in Walcott and captain him :) Looking in rude financial health for the wildcard too

• Advertisement
Advertisement