Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Spurs - 12:45pm KO - Sky Sports

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Anyone who has ever played football knows that's the kind of contact that can knock you seriously off your stride if you are running at pace, definite foul. It may not look much but unlike other instances involving Bale this season that is sufficient contact to be deemed a foul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

The arm across his chest and knee to the leg happened at the same time :confused:

capturevni.jpg

How is that not a foul unless you are claiming that the arm across the chest should have kept Bale upright after he got a knee in the leg?

Look he ran through the defender! Defo free out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Clear penalty this one, it was not a dive. Bale has dived before but this time he was wrongly penalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,317 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That must be the most dangerous thing I have ever seen in a football match :rolleyes:

A foul does not need to be dangerous, maybe you should watch and play football a bit longer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Look he ran through the defender! Defo free out.

Now I know you are just trolling ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

A foul does not need to be dangerous, maybe you should watch and play football a bit longer :pac:

Look at my name I know about knee contact :cool::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The arm across his chest and knee to the leg happened at the same time :confused:

How is that not a foul unless you are claiming that the arm across the chest should have kept Bale upright after he got a knee in the leg?

You need a better angle on that pic. There's another bit of daylight for Bale to throw himself through before making contact with the arm - which if he hadn't fallen would have still made contact and very likely could have won him a penalty.

This has been going on all day and been seen enough times for people to make their own minds up about what they see. What I see is:

a) the knee contact as Gardiner was retracting his leg, definitely not enough so send someone, let alone a strong athlete, flying. My opinion is that Bale felt this and that's the excuse he needed.

b) second contact, Bale starts the dive, leaves his right leg extended and Gardiners other foot makes contact here

c) Bale's left leg, which was going to be his next weight bearing limb and was not affected by any of the contact, instead of landing naturally and continuing the usual running action suddenly changes to not land in an effort to become part of and emphasise the dive.

The arm contact happens somewhere between b and c.

I'm tired so I'll just end with a point I made earlier: the knee contact is not what made Gareth Bale go down, Gareth Bale is what made Gareth Bale go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It was a penalty for me. Said it at the time and still say it after seeing God knows how many replays since.

Bale can count himself extremely unfortunate to have been booked for diving there.

Advertisement