Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Newcastle Utd (KO:17:30) Live on ESPN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Get in Demba, deserved to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

...there we go. Wicked deflection.

Walcott should have had this half wrapped up by himself.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Buttonftw wrote: »
    Am I allowed to criticise Walcott for that one?

I criticised him for the other sitter he missed too.

Goal back, Newcastle deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A bit cowardly by Jack there to be honest. Ducked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

lucky deflection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

They deserve that tbh.

Poor from Jack turning away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Make yourself BIG Jack not small. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Any phone friendly links?

1356803575108.gif

Get in Demba! :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I criticised him for the other sitter he missed too.

Goal back, Newcastle deserved it.

You're allowed to apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

A bit of the "Nasri in the wall" syndrome there off Wilshere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Aww cute, check the score on the the top left hand corner of your screen ;).

Ouch:)

Good thing Demba Ba's forgotten how to head the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Don't think that was a free kick that led to the marveaux shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Straight out of Samir Nasri's how to defend a free kick book that was .

dfx- wrote: »

Made a valid point at the time so he did. Hindsight and selective quoting can make you look like a big boy if you do it right.

We're on the rack against them here which is criminal against a bare bones team when we've had a nice rest.

cson wrote: »
    We're on the rack against them here which is criminal against a bare bones team when we've had a nice rest.

At home against the team 15th in the league is another spin to put on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Arsenal away fans are fantastic as are most away fans. The emirates looks amazing but doesn't suit you're team, almost makes you look like the away side.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You're allowed to apparently.

Believe it or not man I think you make a lot of valid points in your posts. Your persecution complex kind of smothers that a bit though.

Poor first half. Some players not up to the standard required. Changes have to be made soon to freshen it up. Rosicky on for Oxo for a start but we'll probably get Ramsey instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wud have been Ouch if it happened when he posted it not 15 mins later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Strange tactics here from Arsenal.

Newcastle dominating possession away at Arsenal with that midfield is very surprising.

They only seem to want to counter attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Is it nearly time for your bath?
    greendom wrote: »
    yes that Walcott goal was very sad :)
    Aww cute, check the score on the the top left hand corner of your screen ;).
    Soups123 wrote: »
    Yep really sad, then scoring on the counter attack just awful

Wud hate to score another like that, that would just be embarrassing
    Yea, must be mortifying to be a goal down against a team like that.

arsenal are as bad as liverpool, nowhere near the side they were, theo walcott the great hope wouldnt get a kick for any of the top 3 sides totally overrated just like this side,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ba kissing the ground of his future home hopefully.

Average first half, expect us to improve second half, 3-1

Midfield need to get a hold of it more, Caz and Jack not doing enough

Concerned again though how weaker thems are tactically beating us, it's not the first time

cadete wrote: »
    arsenal are as bad as liverpool, nowhere near the side they were, theo walcott the great hope wouldnt get a kick for any of the top 3 sides totally overrated just like this side,

I can hear you're mammy calling you, you better run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Don't feed the troll.

Gonna have to watch the 2nd half on mute for the health of those around me. Chris Waddle's incompetency will drive me to murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

What a load of cobblers

Seriously mate go to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

a weeeeee bit bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Shocking from Wilshere, right up there with Nasri for bravery.

• Advertisement

Believe it or not man I think you make a lot of valid points in your posts. Your persecution complex kind of smothers that a bit though.

I only complain when I predictably get jumped on by the same handful of thanks-whores, as happened this evening.

Anyway, we look to be trying to play completely differently this evening, happy to concede a lot of possession and break in numbers now and then. This time of the season and this opposition wouldn't have been my suggestion of when to transition to the more "pragmatic" tactics and missing Mertesacker certainly wouldn't make me want to try it more.

KingdomYid wrote: »

Were you watching the diving earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

He was trying to safe himself from attempted murder by Ba

Were you watching the diving earlier?

Seriously are you denying he chickened out there? Why take offense to it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wud have been Ouch if it happened when he posted it not 15 mins later

Newcastle were in control of the game as much then as 15 minutes later. Ignoring what you see for what the scoreboard says is never good as it'll catch up with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

God they're all out today.

Seriously are you denying he chickened out there? Why take offense to it?

Read my earlier post on the matter.

I only complain when I predictably get jumped on by the same handful of thanks-whores, as happened this evening.

Anyway, we look to be trying to play completely differently this evening, happy to concede a lot of possession and break in numbers now and then. This time of the season and this opposition wouldn't have been my suggestion of when to transition to the more "pragmatic" tactics and missing Mertesacker certainly wouldn't make me want to try it more.

You reckon it's a deliberate tactical change? Seems strange that they're not even trying to play the possession game alright.

Have looked dangerous in te break in fairness, which gives me hope we can still win, but such a shame Walcott is so bloody inconsistent.

Read my earlier post on the matter.

Why have a swipe so when I comment on it ??? I am just commenting on an incident in the match thread, not points scoring honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Tbf he has a point.

• Advertisement

Newcastle were in control of the game as much then as 15 minutes later. Ignoring what you see for what the scoreboard says is never good as it'll catch up with you.
    Not all of the time, anyway both teams have been average at best, Cad made a point that Newcastle where all over Arsenal when they weren't

You reckon it's a deliberate tactical change? Seems strange that they're not even trying to play the possession game alright.

Have looked dangerous in te break in fairness, which gives me hope we can still win, but such a shame Walcott is so bloody inconsistent.

Obviously all we can do from here is guess but even when it comes to breaking we only seem to attempt it sometimes, it's not a "get forward at all costs" set-up. It'd be fine if we were completely solid at the back and if we had players who knew how to spot the right opportunities.

All that said, 2nd half has started a bit differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

AdamD wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll.

Gonna have to watch the 2nd half on mute for the health of those around me. Chris Waddle's incompetency will drive me to murder.
    MaxPower89 wrote: »
    What a load of cobblers
    Seriously mate go to bed
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    a weeeeee bit bitter

touched a nerve, its ok lads sure u have henry comin back and its not like newcastle have a reserve side out..... Oh Wait......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah man dont roll out the thanks whore whinge just makes people look pitiful when they do, it me against the world kinda thing.

No one has a problem with your posts but try have some positivety from time to time, we all get annoyed with Arsenal at times and have a go, but I dont think you ever try praise the team always get the feeling we could win 10-0 and you would still find something to moan about instead of just being happy ;), im not having a go just telling ya how it comes across a lot of the time even though a lot of your points are valid positivety never hurt anyone :).

I'm struggling to see how Arsenal are overrated? Who rates us in the first place? The media certainly don't, nor do the vast majority of the fans.

I find your attempts at a wind up very ironic too dfx, when the point was made that the scoreboard is all that matters it was spot on. So often we've had the same thing thrown at us after dominating teams for 90mins and then not getting a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

touched a nerve, its ok lads sure u have henry comin back and its not like newcastle have a reserve side out..... Oh Wait......

Ouch ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Santon having a poor one today. Not often we say that. Poor defending there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

chamberlain finally contributes something

Oxo I take it back, great finish.

• Advertisement

Boom.

Back in the box with the haters.

Advertisement