Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiln Dried Hardwood - South Dublin/North Wicklow

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I'm not so gone on those bricks - they give off ferocious dust <wheeeeze>.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Are you sure you've tried these exact ones? I've tried a few different eco logs, ones in tesco are pretty crappy. They give off very little heat. These are a bit better but seem to burn quicker and give off less heat than actual hardwood logs and are more expensive too. The ash is also much browner as opposed to light grey from the actual logs. I think I'll stick with the actual logs from now on, not very impressed with these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Not eager to try any more - asthmatic, so I don't want to do any experiments with things that'll catch in my dusty lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Bumping this to check current pricing, but also to say that I was speaking to a very experience stove installer and supplier who said that seasoned wood will do just as good in a stove as kiln dried, that kiln dried won't warrant the cost compared to just regular seasoned hardwood.

Advertisement