Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past RIAM Syllabi

Options
  • 29-12-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for some past RIAM piano syllabi. I found a video of my sister playing the piano about six or seven years ago and its a nice piece... pity, because I don't know what it is called. If there's any way to look a previous syllabi it would be great. it might jog my sisters memory.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Try emailing info@riam.ie - they might be able to help you out. Alternatively, ask your sister if she still has her book.

Sometimes the music stores in Dublin city have old riam piano books (though I've never seen one older than 3-4 years at any time). You might also be able to source one on ebay/adverts. Does your sister remember what grade it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭richardh330

Try emailing info@riam.ie - they might be able to help you out. Alternatively, ask your sister if she still has her book.

Sometimes the music stores in Dublin city have old riam piano books (though I've never seen one older than 3-4 years at any time). You might also be able to source one on ebay/adverts. Does your sister remember what grade it was?

She can't remember the grade or year.... I have poor sources but I will definitely get in contact with RIAM. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Could you send me an audio recording of the piece? I might be able to identify it that way. (I have some old RIAM books at home from teaching.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Ditto what Doshea3 said. I've been teaching piano for a few years now - there's a good chance someone here might just know the piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭anamaria

I have some old syllabi going back a good few years. Again, like others said if you have a recording I would probably recognise is or even if you can remember a fragment of the name/grade etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement