Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Niall Quinn is worst pundit ever

• 29-12-2012 3:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭

Someone please kill him, he talks yet says nothing. He makes Jamie sound ordinary. The guy is such a lick-Ass he cant even breathe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Stupendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not at all, nowhere near the worst. Next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

theteal wrote: »
    Not at all, nowhere near the worst. Next!

He legitimately is the worst pundit of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,258 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

He is an ingratiating cnut. His voice drives me crazy. Would like to hear Gary comment on a match sometime, I think his analysis is always pretty fair and unbiased. Was surprised how much I liked him as he never struck me as much. Far better than the Jamie/Alan "Everyone is just great" shoite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

". . . . has done ever so well"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

But he's good in the air!!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

David Pleat tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Sounds like hes acting all the time. Not a natural at it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Am suprised Sky are sticking with him, he is pure dross to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Mark Lawrenson is the worst imho. Gives no insight into the game at all, just makes terrible puns. Ray Houghton is a close second, and the worst thing about Houghton is he never shuts up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No one gets close the TV3/3e/Blood-e hells Trevor Welch.

edit - pundit! Doh that's Lauro for whom life or at least football seems have become a chore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

His commentary during Man City games might be the most annoying thing I have ever endured.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Am suprised Sky are sticking with him, he is pure dross to listen to.

Incredible behaviour from a multi million £ corporation tbh.

They got rid of Wilkins this season from the commentary box, but he too spent far too long in the position when he clearly wasn't suited. Everyone knew Niall Quinn was shíte from last season, so why carry on with him?

Can't believe they don't give people trials and analyse the commentary/gauge public reception before handing out contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

It's Ray Wilkins

End of thread

Cienciano wrote: »
    Mark Lawrenson is the worst imho. Gives no insight into the game at all, just makes terrible puns. Ray Houghton is a close second, and the worst thing about Houghton is he never shuts up

The bitter little man that is Ronnie Whelan has to be up there as well tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Blatter wrote: »

They got rid of Wilkins this season from the commentary box, but he too spent far too long in the position when he clearly wasn't suited. Everyone knew Niall Quinn was shíte from last season, so why carry on with him?

Can't believe they don't give people trials and analyse the commentary/gauge public reception before handing out contracts.

I agree, there just has to be better options out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The multi million pound corporation are sticking with Jamie "literally" Redknapp too don't forget. What the hell has he ever added to the conversation? Other than tight trousers and calling people "top, top players"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

His pro City anti United bias is sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Would Sky really care? Lets be honest we might all hate Quinn but I doubt a commentator is ever going to be the main reason a customer cancels their subscription. I think the problem with trials is that I'd say everyone who's starts doing it would be pretty poor at it. It's a difficult thing to learn and takes a lot of practice. They could go down the road of poaching other commentators.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Dwight Yorke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Ronnie Whelan is easily the WORST pundit of all time.

How he gets on TV is anyone's guess.

The man in the pub knows more about the game then he does.

Truly shockingly bad.

All he does is repeat what happens on the pitch in words. 'X passes to Y' etc etc....

Never even gives a stat.

I refuse to watch RTE football when he is commentating or giving his 'expert analysis' (pub talk).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

budgemook wrote: »
    Dwight Yorke

+1

A complete Man Utd cheerleader.

Don't mind Quinn to be honest. At least he tries to be positive compared to misery guts like Ray Houghton, Ronnie Whelan and Craig Burley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Stewart Robson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Stewart Robson.

Agree. So so bitter.

Quinn is also horrendous.

When you think about it, most of them are muck. The bad ones far far outnumber the good ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

mike65 wrote: »
    No one gets close the TV3/3e/Blood-e hells Trevor Welch.

edit - pundit! Doh that's Lauro for whom life or at least football seems have become a chore.

Agree 100%. Everyone on TV3 is crap, especially Welch and Lou Marci.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Lou Marci is the worst cant stand him at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

ollie1 wrote: »
    Lou Macari is brutal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Quinn has recently started a new business, you'd think he would be busy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

ollie1 wrote: »

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Niall Quinn is not even close to the worst commentator. These days too many people are hyperbolic about things which is the case right here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I dont get the Niall Quinn hate. I hardly notice him tbh which is a good thing.

Lou Macari now, theres a closet bigot if ive ever heard one. The man hates foreign players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

On the other side of things I always though Graham Taylor was excellent on channel 5 for the Europa league games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Worst pundit ever in my view. Makes me want to kick the TV in with his rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stewart Robson.

Yeah, I'm a United fan and his Arsenal/Wenger bashing even annoys me. What's that all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

People seem to be forgetting about this phenom.

patdolan.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm a United fan and his Arsenal/Wenger bashing even annoys me. What's that all about?

Arsenal sacked him last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Lou Macari. It's difficult to hate a person you have never actually met but Lou really pushes the limit.

Robbie Savage is also ridiculously bad. Hasn't got a clue about players roles or tactics, inane comments, mindless babble and as English an outlook on football as you could possibly imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Paddy Crerand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Lou Macari. It's difficult to hate a person you have never actually met but Lou really pushes the limit.

Robbie Savage is also ridiculously bad. Hasn't got a clue about players roles or tactics, inane comments, mindless babble and as English an outlook on football as you could possibly imagine.
    Pity he's Welsh then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Pity he's Welsh then. :pac:

Right, pretend I said British attitude and we are back on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Mont wrote: »
    Someone please kill him, he talks yet says nothing. He makes Jamie sound ordinary. The guy is such a lick-Ass he cant even breathe.

True, but Paul McGrath is not far behind. His football skills did'nt transfer over to his mouth sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

niall quinn is terrible but I dislike andy townsend every bit as much! rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Quinn is shocking .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

THFC wrote: »
    People seem to be forgetting about this phenom.

patdolan.jpg

Not a great pundit but taking a photo of him eating fast food reading the paper and putting it online....no need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Arsenal sacked him last year.

Ah, makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I personally think Quinn isn't even close to the worst.

Some streams you do get from American coverage can be particularly bad. That Paddy Crerand that has been mentioned can be extremely infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Not a great pundit but taking a photo of him eating fast food reading the paper and putting it online....no need.

Agree 100%, some people are just pathetic, why anyone would want to belittle someone in this way is a sad reflection on themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Quinn is poor but for me Ronnie Whelan actually has the football opinions of a child. I really believe the only football he watches are the games he does commentary on. Terrible pundit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Lou Macari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Gary Neville is easily the most annoying man on television. Everything he says makes me want to punch his lights out. Ronnie Whelan is up there as well, irritating and clueless. Lou Macari is definitely the worst. You really can tell that he is just a vile individual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement