Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAG Ireland review of 2012

• 29-12-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭

Posting on behalf of MAG Ireland.
    MAG Ireland has posted a review of the events of 2012 which takes a look back at some key topics such as Type Approval & roadworthiness testing, as well as changes within MAG itself. We hope you find it useful, and we wish you and yours all the best for 2013.

http://www.magireland.org/2012/news-media/mag-ireland-review-of-2012/

Just for anyone who's interested there was a 2011 review covering the previous year.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭Mr Motorcycle

carsQhere wrote: »
    Posting on behalf of MAG Ireland.

Just for anyone who's interested there was a 2011 review covering the

previous year.

I am starting to hear good things about mag ireland

As opposed to nothing at all for the last few years

I belive some fresh blood has been injected into Mag and will be following them this year to see how things go:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

... will be following them this year to see how things go:D

If you're on facebook take a look at www.facebook.com/magireland.org and on twitter you can follow @mag_ireland.

There will be a stand at the RDS bike show in March where you can come along and quiz the dozen or so people who make up the MAG executive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would start 2013 by writing to the RSA and asking them to change the wording on their webpage about motorcycling.
    http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Motorcyclists/
    Its completely unjustified and very anti-biker.
    Motorcyclists

Motorbikes are a relatively risky mode of transport but new regulations around learner permits and testing, and stronger enforcement by the RSA, is helping to make motorcycling safer for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,408 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Motorcycles are relatively risky compared to other motorised transport.

Casualty rate per km travelled is very similar to cycling but they keep quiet about that.

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Motorcycles are relatively risky compared to other motorised transport.

Casualty rate per km travelled is very similar to cycling but they keep quiet about that.
    Regardless, I don't think it is acceptable that a Govt quango has that on its page, it show a lack of professionalism and balance IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

And, as if by magic : the site now reads :
    Motorcyclists are vulnerable road users but new regulations around learner permits and testing is helping to make motorcycling safer for everyone.

Which, I'd imagine is a lot more balanced !

pron wrote: »
    And, as if by magic : the site now reads :

Which, I'd imagine is a lot more balanced !
    Yes, success! That sounds a lot better than previously.

Advertisement