Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oslo - short break

Options
  • 29-12-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Im looking to bring my girlfriend to Oslo for 3 or 4 days as i heard its a nice city to visit and flights are quite cheap! Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay or can give me any information from their experiences there? Thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The National Gallery is worth a look, Munch's "The Scream" is there. If the idea of eating reindeer and other Scandi stuff doesn't appeal (it's delicious, btw) you could visit Pepe's for a pizza. There's the Nobel Peace Centre to visit or get a bus to the Viking Museum; that's pretty impressive if you like longboats.
    Bars to check out - Robinet, Caocado, Politeken & er, Paddy's Irish Bar.

One thing to remember, it's an expensive part of the world. Dig deep into that wallet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ballynamona

Oslo is expensive. If you have 4 days you may not feel you have enough time to go to Bergen and back. It is 7 hours on the train but bear in mind the journey is very scenic. I would much prefer Bergen.

If 14 hours on a train is too much in 3/4 days, I would recommend you look into a day trip to Flam which is about halfway. There is a tour company called Norway in a Nutshell. They sell integrated tickets for all the legs (includes Fjord cruise) and it works out very well. They offer several different tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Here is a link to a trip report i wrote on an independent norway in a nutshell trip....it might give you some ideas.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190455-i550-k3829513-Trip_Report_Independent_Norway_in_a_Nutshell_5days_4nights-Norway.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,388 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Second thew train trip to Bergen. Pricey, though.

Dont forget to factor in abotu 30 euro for the ariport coach if it's Ryanair.

I also recommended the Vigelandsparken Sculpture Park...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

them flights to Oslo are a serious mistake to consider a bargain. Everything else is so expensive especially hotels. Dont be fooled by a cheap flight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement