Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a city break

Options
  • 29-12-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Im looking to bring my girlfriend away for a short break 3-4 days, can anyone recommend anywhere in Europe (apart from the UK) that would be relatively inexpensive to visit but relaxing? Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I would recommend Krakow, Prague or Budapest. Krakow was my favorite lots to do, very nice people and not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Prague, Milan, Berlin, Athens

Paris, Bergen, Stockholm, Zurich are nice but more expensive... really depends on when you want to go and what you want to do there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Barcelona is nice.. Mild weather in winter, prices aren't bad at all if you stray slightly off the beaten track. Super easy to get around on the metro. Did 5 days there with the missus last October. Both agreed that 3/4 would be more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭anoda_username

I would also recommend Prague. It's a beautiful city with plenty to see and do for a short break. The local transport, trams, are very cheap and accommodation is very reasonable if you book an apartment for the 2 of you

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jhazo6

Thanks for all your recommendations, looking like prague I may go for Prague, thanks again:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

I much preferred Budapest to Prague.

Advertisement