Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Component Cables to HDMI

Options
  • 29-12-2012 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

So I recently got a TV that only accepts HDMI, which is great for the Xbox, great quality but for my headset I can only use chat etc and not the actual TV volume, which is a problem. The headset connected to my old TV with component cables so I'm just wondering if you can buy something that you connect the component cable to and it's HDMI on the other side?
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I know my headset came with an adaptor that plugged into the video port but only had the component audio connections on it. What kind nof head set is it???

Like this one http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9052482/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+AUDIO.htm

I assume you have tried to use the red and white audio connections on the existing component cable for the headset? Not sure if that works or not but worth a shot, obviously you will not be connecting the red green and blue ones to the tv, unless you have an older console where the component cable wont fit in the xbox when HDMI is connected, in which case you will need to do some diy or get an adaptor like i linked to above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I done the same a while back. Tried everything but in the end had to buy the adapter.
    That's the correct one above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

calex71 wrote: »
    I know my headset came with an adaptor that plugged into the video port but only had the component audio connections on it. What kind nof head set is it???

Like this one http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9052482/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+AUDIO.htm

I assume you have tried to use the red and white audio connections on the existing component cable for the headset? Not sure if that works or not but worth a shot, obviously you will not be connecting the red green and blue ones to the tv, unless you have an older console where the component cable wont fit in the xbox when HDMI is connected, in which case you will need to do some diy or get an adaptor like i linked to above.

Thanks for that, the price is rather good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Troxck wrote: »
    Thanks for that, the price is rather good too!

If they have them in stock it sure is, I've seen them go for 3 times that and more :eek:

Advertisement