Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watermill wasp 66 with 1/2 inch pipework.

• 29-12-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all.

I have bought a watermill wasp 66 2bar showerpump from BandQ for use on a standard shower in a new ensuite. I also want it to pressurise tha hot tap on the basin and kitchen sink. The pump is supplied with 3/4 inch flexi couplers but all my pipework is 1/2 inch. In the Band Q broucher they reccomend 1/2 - 3/4 adapters for the 1.5 bar pumps but not for the 2 bar pumps. Would I be able to run my 2 bar pump on 1/2 inch pipework with reducers or should I change it for a 1.5 bar pump. The hot water pressure is only producing a dribble at the mo.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Hi all.

I have bought a watermill wasp 66 2bar showerpump from BandQ for use on a standard shower in a new ensuite. I also want it to pressurise tha hot tap on the basin and kitchen sink. The pump is supplied with 3/4 inch flexi couplers but all my pipework is 1/2 inch. In the Band Q broucher they reccomend 1/2 - 3/4 adapters for the 1.5 bar pumps but not for the 2 bar pumps. Would I be able to run my 2 bar pump on 1/2 inch pipework with reducers or should I change it for a 1.5 bar pump. The hot water pressure is only producing a dribble at the mo.

Thanks.

Where is the cold water tank in your house, where is the hot water cylinder, is the pump a plastic body pump? Is the pump you bought continously rated?? , think carefully about all the above b4 you install anything you buy from b&q, most times when it comes from b&q its the wrong thing for the application thats supplied, just from the little information you supplied it looks as you need a negative head pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 surferseamey

The Cold water tank is in the roof. It's a single storey house so the bottom of the cold water tank is about 2ft above the ceiling and therefore about 4f above the shower head. The cylinder is in the hot press at ground level in existing bathroom. The pump has a metal body and does not seem to be continuously rated.

The Cold water tank is in the roof. It's a single storey house so the bottom of the cold water tank is about 2ft above the ceiling and therefore about 4f above the shower head. The cylinder is in the hot press at ground level in existing bathroom. The pump has a metal body and does not seem to be continuously rated.

Pumps prefere to be permintaly flooded, mwaning full of water, you should plumb as much as practically possible wirh 3/4" pipework just reducing at the taps/ shower.

OK. I already have 1/2 inch laid from hot press to the bathroom I want better pressure on. It is in an extension and the pipes are under 4 inches of concrete so don't really want to replace them. Would a 1.5 bar pump be sufficient for a single standard shower and two taps. If so I'b be inclined to swap the 2 bar for a 1.5 bar that can take 15mm pipework.

OK. I already have 1/2 inch laid from hot press to the bathroom I want better pressure on. It is in an extension and the pipes are under 4 inches of concrete so don't really want to replace them. Would a 1.5 bar pump be sufficient for a single standard shower and two taps. If so I'b be inclined to swap the 2 bar for a 1.5 bar that can take 15mm pipework.

With 1/2" pipe the flow rate will be negabile differance between 1.5 & 2 bar.
    BTW the 1.5 or 2 bar pressure rating is at closed head have a look at the flow curb in the I & M manual to see what flow ratw you will get at ur shower.

• Advertisement

With 1/2" pipe the flow rate will be negabile differance between 1.5 & 2 bar.
    BTW the 1.5 or 2 bar pressure rating is at closed head have a look at the flow curb in the I & M manual to see what flow ratw you will get at ur shower.

Thanks for the advise. My other option would be to replace the feeds to the pump with 3/4 add leave the 1/2 pipe work on the outlet side of the pump. That wouldn't be too much effort. Would that be doable?

Thanks for the advise. My other option would be to replace the feeds to the pump with 3/4 add leave the 1/2 pipe work on the outlet side of the pump. That wouldn't be too much effort. Would that be doable?

That would be the best option, in giving 3/4" supplies you are giving the pump the proper supplies.

Advertisement