Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jiving

Options
  • 29-12-2012 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

When I was studying in Maynooth there used to be a great band playing old-school rock that everyone would jive to. Is there any music of that sort in Galway city? I watched Dirty Dancing recently and I'm nostalgic for that sort of music/dancing again :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The Black Magic Big Band play in Busker Browne's every Monday night. They're more swing than jive but they're excellent, well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

There's a big swing dancing crowd in Galway a couple friends of mine go to. Usually in the Victoria hotel I believe couple days a week. I think they are called "Galway Swing", not to be confused with "Galway Swingers". _Completely_ different thing!

Also there used to be lots of Salsa dancing, but not sure if that's still happening. Massimos I believe hosted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There's a big swing dancing crowd in Galway a couple friends of mine go to. Usually in the Victoria hotel I believe couple days a week. I think they are called "Galway Swing", not to be confused with "Galway Swingers". _Completely_ different thing!

Also there used to be lots of Salsa dancing, but not sure if that's still happening. Massimos I believe hosted it.

Massimos had some swing (or jive, not sure which) on fairly regularly. *Think* it was on a Tuesday?

Advertisement