Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Right I'm taking out Bale for the GW (only put him in before Sunderland), and for a 1/2 week punt, who would ye pick?
    Thinking Mata/ Hazard/ Walcott/ Lennon/ Silva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I brought Torres in for Tevez, but had to take a 4 point hit to do so. After Dzeko's MOTM performance and Tevez having been ill, it's a toss of the coin whether he starts or not. I can't afford to have another GW where a player I don't have runs riot, and having seen QPR against Liverpool I think Torres is a decent candidate to do just that.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Thinking of Berbatov -> Defoe for a hit till I wildcard in GW24 fancy Defoe to out score him the next few weeks and plus want Spurs cover for Reading with Bale out. Opinions Yay or Nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Right I'm taking out Bale for the GW (only put him in before Sunderland), and for a 1/2 week punt, who would ye pick?
    Mata or Walcott. You should have done this transfer after saturday's games to catch the price rises.

What is the rest of your midfield, do you need to get rid of Bale? You could just bench him fo the gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Mata or Walcott. You should have done this transfer after saturday's games to catch the price rises.

What is the rest of your midfield, do you need to get rid of Bale? You could just bench him fo the gameweek.
    How about Fellaini? I just did bale out Fellaini in, will get him back this week with the wildcard though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I did Mata. FFScout seemed reasonably confident he'll start - he's one of this week's picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

bensboys wrote: »
    How about Fellaini? I just did bale out Fellaini in, will get him back this week with the wildcard though!
    Yes Fellaini is a good option and has decent fixtures coming up. He has just gone under the radar a bit with the 3 game suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

boring Enrique to Gibbs done. no points hits. with a bit of luck Sterling can get a goal or assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Walcott/ Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Would have liked to make a transfer for an attacking player but with Enrique out, another defender a doubt and another defender a rotation risk I have to bring in a defender. Roll on the wildcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking for some advice. Current team is:

Jussi (Bego)
    Gibbs, McAuley, Caulker (Cuellar, Shorey)
    Walcott, Michu, Pienaar, Sterling (Bale)
    RVP, Suarez, Defoe

Bit worried Caulker and Shorey won't play. Thinking of the following:

Bale to Lennon OR Shorey to Davies? Would play either ahead of Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just brought in Long for Benteke.

Thank **** I looked at my team this morning, had both Huth and Shawcross in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Completely miscalculated my remaining transfer funds and took a four point hit to downgrade Benteke to Ruiz, in advance of getting Bale and Fellaini back in for the next GW. I had enough from Benteke's sale to be able to afford Torres for this GW and then wildcard afterwards.

I blame the head cold I've had for the last four days for me missing the obvious. Torres will go on to score a hat-trick now. Nothing surer.

*bangs head against wall*

:(

Benimar wrote: »
    Looking for some advice. Current team is:

Jussi (Bego)
    Gibbs, McAuley, Caulker (Cuellar, Shorey)
    Walcott, Michu, Pienaar, Sterling (Bale)
    RVP, Suarez, Defoe

Bit worried Caulker and Shorey won't play. Thinking of the following:

Bale to Lennon OR Shorey to Davies? Would play either ahead of Sterling
    Bale to Lennon for me, Spurs are playing well these days and are capable of getting goals against Reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

had already done bale to walcott

didn't want to take a 4 poiint hit because i'm going to use my wc today but if michu didn't play my only other fit player was nelsen who will most likely get 1 or 0 points v chelsea so i dropped nolan before his price fall to get fellaini back in to play this gw.

i could end up regretting dropping nolan when the dgw happens but as one of those games in the dgw is away to arsenal i took the risk, i need to use my wc now and keeping nolan would have messed up what i want my team to look like (woulda had to leave him there in place of fellaini and kept the money to upgrade nolan to fellaini after the dgw)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

bale to oscar last night was going to do moses but changed to oscar at the last minute. Oscar will be sold before he even plays as wildcard is being played at 1130.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Am I the only one that's is thinking about leaving his wc till gw23/24?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

FutureGuy wrote: »

im thinking the same, but i have been wrong all season so far, so playing it early might be the right thing to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nope. I won't be touching it either. Still wish it didn't exist tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

If I can afford to, I'm leaving it till as close to the end of the transfer window as I can. Just in case there's a big surprise transfer that might be worth getting in.

• Advertisement

Has anyone any idea if Tevez will be back in the starting 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hidalgo wrote: »

Have you got Magic 8 Ball on your phone?

I'm planning on doing the same, which means I'll probably have to activate it at 11:31 this morning the way this season has gone. </whinge>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

id love to hold off cos my teams in fairly good shape but Id imagine its going to be the busiest gameweek for transfers therefore the easiest gameweek to boost teamvalue. Lots of people will have been very frustrated with their teams over the xmas period and wont be able to hold off plus 10 days between games will mean loads of transfers.

This question is why I'm delighted I have now transferred Tevez out.

You can never be sure until the team is announced.

Lemlin wrote: »

I'dlike to transfer him out but I've alot of injuries/suspensions as it is so I'm going to be tight for have 11 fit players.

Tevez in for Suarez has been my worst (and there's been a few candidates) transfer.

a 2,2 and zero for Tevez whilst Suarez has racked up goals, BPs and value.
    The joys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm leaving my WC til after the DGW at the least. IMO the importance of using it to gain money is over exaggerated. You'll only make 0.1 per player per GW, max, anywayand you'll have some players you won't want to fiddle with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

No. I'll wait as long as possible.

Personally I think its madness playing it today at 11.31am. Who knows what (real) transfers will happen over the next month that will seriously impact current fantasy 'assets'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'd like to hold it until the end of January as I think it is a better move but the problem with that is the players everyone wants in (Felliani, Mata, Suarez, Aguero etc) all have fixtures this gw where they could run riot. If a few of these players score big, they might go up by a million each before gw24!

I'm going to take a point hit today and see if I can hold onto it until later in the month.

Advertisement