Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scuba diving session as gift?

• 29-12-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, I'm looking to book a friend a scuba diving session as a gift. He has no certificates or anything. All I know is that he wants to do an open water one :/

As i am clueless in the subject of scuba diving, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to somewhere that offers even one open water session for a reasonable price in the Dublin region?

Thanks!

Emma.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Probably the best thing for you to buy as a gift is a PADI Discover Scuba session. Any of the PADI centres should be able to sort you out. It would probably be in the €45 ballpark, and basically will get him diving (in a swimming pool) in an afternoon.
    Then, if he enjoys it, he can think about signing up for the PADI Open Water Diver course.
    Back in the day, I got a discount of half the price of the Discover Scuba knocked of the Open Water, but I don't know if the centres still do that.
    Any of the PADI centres can sort you out for this; search this forum for details. I cannot recommend any one over another, cause I've never personally used any of the ones that are currently operating in the Dublin area. Some of the other posters here might answer that question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 markdebarra

Hi Emma,

As mentioned above a PADI Discover Scuba Diving expierance (http://www.padi.com/scuba/padi-courses/diver-level-courses/view-all-padi-courses/discover-scuba-diving/default.aspx) is probably the best option for you. There's two centres in dublin. Check them out here, http://www.padi.com/scuba/locate-a-padi-dive-shop/default.aspx

Advertisement