Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to return forms to US Embassy in person?

Options
  • 29-12-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Does anyone know if it is possible to return forms in person as opposed to sending them in the mail? I live very close and could easily return my paperwork in person and save a few days but I don't know if it would be allowed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You wouldn't be allowed in without an appointment. Not sure if the security hut would take paperwork... probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You can get in without an appointment. I did last year when I moved back here from the US, and had a few questions about filing my taxes. I just showed up, stated my business to the security people, and was told where to wait to speak to someone. Not sure if you can drop off paperwork thought. If you live near by OP, why don't you pop over and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

ProudDUB wrote: »
    You can get in without an appointment.

Really? Even as a non-US citizen? They must have changed the rules since I used to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I am a US citizen, but I don't remember them asking me to prove it. I just said that I was there for advice on filing my taxes and in I went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I traveled up to the embassy twice in the last week from limerick and I have never encountered a bigger group of unhelpful people in my life. The american lad I dealt with was nice but as for the irish workin there I couldn't believe how ignorant they were. I doubt you'll get in without an appointment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you only want to drop off paperwork, leave the envelope open so that the people in the hut can inspect the contents, then ask them to seal the envelope and drop it in the internal mail. That worked for me many years ago, might be different now.

The postman delivers letters, they accept them so I can't see them refusing a personal caller with an unsealed envelope.

Advertisement