Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fagan's vs The Dail

Options
  • 29-12-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to organise a 30th party in one of these places.
    Can anyone recommend one over the other?

Both offer free finger food and have a DJ.
    I'm not in the country so won't be able to check the areas out to see which is best.
    The Dail have said they'll give me the upstairs area near the smoking area.

As it's a 30th there'll be a mixture of ages and it will be on a Saturday night.

I'm trying to make a decision soon so I can let people know, but as I said, it's hard when you're not in the country to check the places out.

Thanks. :)

Best place for 30th party 21 votes

Fagan's
    0% 0 votes
    The Dail
    23% 5 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    76% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How many in the party?
    I would go with Dail but that's just because I never go to Fagan's so not much help for you really :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I know it's not an option but you wouldn't consider the top floor of Buskers?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

There'll be about about 30 people, maybe more.
    Was going with the above two places as they are offering free food and DJ.

Don't want to pay for an area or food.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

Imho the dail has a much better atmosphere. i'd go with that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

If it has to be one or the other I would go with Fagans. You'll have more room to yourselves and comfort for mixed ages is a necessity! I like the Dail but not for a party of 30 as it can get very packed in there!
    Enjoy the party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Had a party in the Dail recently. Was downstairs at the back and could accommodate 30 people easily and have a fairly segregated area to yourselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Fagan's because you'll have the whole gaff to yourself pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If you pick The Dail make sure to warn any male members of your group not to wear baseball caps. Even sober almost 50 year olds aren't allowed in depending on who's on the door so ye young whippersnappers could have problems.
    Not been to Fagans at night so I don't know their door policy, but from evening visits their staff are excellent but over worked so service may be a bit slow. Think it depends how busy it is upstairs.

*not been to either place since last May so things could have changed in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I was a fan of The Dail myself. Head in about 7pm for the food, by the time that's been served and ye have a few drinks into ye, the crowd will be in and the craic will be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Thanks guys.
    I think I'd prefer the Dail myself because the atmosphere would probably be better.
    But when you've such a big group you kinda make your own atmosphere so I'm thinking Fagan's might be better because we'll have more room.

It's frustrating not being able to check out the spaces as it would make a big difference. I'm relying on drunken memories of the layout!

At the moment, The Dail is winning unless someone has something great to say about Fagan's. Maybe better food, cheaper drinks, free cake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Thanks guys.
    I think I'd prefer the Dail myself because the atmosphere would probably be better.
    But when you've such a big group you kinda make your own atmosphere so I'm thinking Fagan's might be better because we'll have more room.

It's frustrating not being able to check out the spaces as it would make a big difference. I'm relying on drunken memories of the layout!

At the moment, The Dail is winning unless someone has something great to say about Fagan's. Maybe better food, cheaper drinks, free cake?
    No difference in drink prices, finger food is pretty generic and id doubt cake would be a deal breaker really, Dail is the better of the two options.

Advertisement