Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses from Douglas

Options
  • 29-12-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Moving down to Cork this week for work but I don't know Cork at all! I'll be taking the bus for the first week or two from Douglas, Maryborough Woods estate.

What number bus and from where would take me into the city? Will be aiming for the Clarion or the Albert Quay side.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

216 goes down maryborough hill. Look up the timetable on the bus eireann website. A short walk will get you to the 206 or 207 routes in centre of Douglas. All go close enough to the clarion area.. A few minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is this the one?

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1344426917-Cork216.pdf

Will have to scout out where the stop is and all that. I'm on the opposite side of the estate to Maryborough Hill so it looks like a decent walk onto that road, then to the stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

216 is your man. Every half hour or something along those lines. It will take you to south terrace and just jump off there with a short 5 min walk to the clarion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

216 is your man. Every half hour or something along those lines. It will take you to south terrace and just jump off there with a short 5 min walk to the clarion.
    Thanks lad. Do you know where exactly the stop is on Maryborough Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

wouldn't be too sure. I know there is one outside the paddocks which is a bit down from the entrance! Saying that though, if you are at the back of the park, maybe a bus from the carrigaline road side might be best. There is a stop just there too for the bus that comes from carrigaline. Maybe the 222 but I really don't know enough about this bus!

• Advertisement
Advertisement