Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footballers revealing shirts with messages.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Paranoid no, wise to a bullsh*tter? Yes.

No. You're paranoid. If I was directing my criticism at RVP I would have qouted his shirt. I didn't qoute any shirt except the one today (which i saw). Paranoid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

mike65 wrote: »
    and that's why it should be stopped, if only to prevent a certain Celtic player getting shot.

"If you want to send a message, call Western Union"

What waffle are you on about?

This was 2 years ago and nobody got shot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

So your booked if the shirt goes over your head. What if you removed your arms from the sleeves and just left the shirt around your neck? Everything is exposed but for the neck area, like wearing your shirt as some sort of neck Warner. The chest, arms and back are exposed. The referee can't book for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No. You're paranoid. If I was directing my criticism at RVP I would have qouted his shirt. I didn't qoute any shirt except the one today (which i saw). Paranoid.
    You're not fooling anybody. You started the thread yesterday evening, before you quoted any shirt today.

Are you really trying to say you just randomly started this thread, coincidentally a few hours after RvP did it??

Here's a quote from you yesterday.
    Big Big surprise. RTE start with the game at Old Trafford. Cnuts.

So you watched Premier Soccer Saturday yea??
    But missed RvP's celebration yea?

And this thread appears around the time PSS finished??

Stop lying.

You're not fooling anybody. You started the thread yesterday evening, before you quoted any shirt today.

Are you really trying to say you just randomly started this thread, coincidentally a few hours after RvP did it??

Here's a quote from you yesterday.

So you watched Premier Soccer Saturday yea??
    But missed RvP's celebration yea?

And this thread appears around the time PSS finished??

Stop lying.

You jumped the gun again sonny, you're paranoid.
    That was announced on RTE much earlier. I watched the darts on Sky 1. and MOTD on BBC later.
    That argument was about the best game not being shown and RTE's love affair with Man Utd which I have also mentioned before. If you want to dig then go to some of the Man Utd match days and see where I stood up for them on many threads.

You jumped the gun again sonny, you're paranoid.
    That was announced on RTE much earlier. I watched the darts on Sky 1. and MOTD on BBC later.
    That argument was about the best game not being shown and RTE's love affair with Man Utd which I have also mentioned before. If you want to dig then go to some of the Man Utd match days and see where I stood up for them on many threads.
    As I said, you're fooling nobody. Go have a cry into your old van Persie shirts instead of starting a thread about him and pretending it's not about him :pac:

As I said, you're fooling nobody. Go have a cry into your old van Persie shirts instead of starting a thread about him and pretending it's not about him :pac:

You can get help with that paranoia as you obviously need it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

NIMAN wrote: »
    I always wondered do they head down to their local T-shirt printers to get them run up?

Or do they send the WAG or the PA?

They'd get the kit man at the club to do them up for them i'd say

but i like the idea of them doing it themselves, like Berbatov & Iniesta's in the pics above, just written on with a marker. Kinda like a Art class for them, when they've the t shirt done onto a collage :pac:

Pienaar today revealed a "GOD IS GOOD" message.

Next week "ENDA IS BRILLIANT" will appear.

This is my favourite religious message by a player

kaka-jesus.jpg&sa=X&ei=y3TgUL6iCYexhAeXvoCYBA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFBcEuOa-UfAydUEOmkHrAnXaoOkw

football-kaka-belongs-to-jesus.jpg&sa=X&ei=pnTgUP2lKpC4hAev24CwBA&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFp5o73S-TvHuCAFHFqlR0kKV80Bw

KakaBelongsToJesus_225740.jpg&sa=X&ei=53TgUNi7CMmyhAeuoIGgBQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHgweyNKSzxRywiDYu6Y4uikMDtjA

say your prayers & have faith children and you'll win the European Cup :pac:

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    This is my favourite religious message by a player

kaka-jesus.jpg&sa=X&ei=y3TgUL6iCYexhAeXvoCYBA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFBcEuOa-UfAydUEOmkHrAnXaoOkw

football-kaka-belongs-to-jesus.jpg&sa=X&ei=pnTgUP2lKpC4hAev24CwBA&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFp5o73S-TvHuCAFHFqlR0kKV80Bw

KakaBelongsToJesus_225740.jpg&sa=X&ei=53TgUNi7CMmyhAeuoIGgBQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHgweyNKSzxRywiDYu6Y4uikMDtjA

say your prayers & have faith children and you'll win the European Cup :pac:

The shirt messages are needless and could cause offence in time. I can see them getting the boot soon hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Jesus hasn't been too kind to Kaka since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

You can get help with that paranoia as you obviously need it.;)

Jesus, you really like saying 'paranoid'. I think your the paranoid one.

The shirt messages are needless and could cause offence in time. I can see them getting the boot soon hopefully.

They're not offensive, messages of support/remembrance or a happy birthday message or a message showing your faith isn't offensive.

the only people that could get offended by them are people looking for something to be offended about

what about opa wim? he would have never gotten that nice message :pac:

where you offended yesterday when Ba celebrated in a Muslim way?

No I wasn't or by people blessing themselves.
    The shirt thing is different though. No need for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

6 pages in and no sign of lee trundles I love dvd shirt. Shame on you boards.ie users

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If one scores 1st reveals a shirt with

"66-1 1st Scorer, get in"

I would be impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

where you offended yesterday when Ba celebrated in a Muslim way?

I thought he was kissing the ground at the emirates and bowing to the fans as a hint that he wanted a move there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I remember Fowler and Henry being fined for taking off their shirts

Fowler for supporting the Liverpool dockers and Henry for his new kid

Think it was for that bird from the band Texas new kid.

No I wasn't or by people blessing themselves.
    The shirt thing is different though. No need for them.

they're harmless

they're harmless

We'll have to disagree so. I thought it was going to spread here to the GAA for awhile when Mortimer from Mayo unveiled the "tribute" to Michael Jackson but had spelled Michael incorrectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

"Childish" and "immature" appear to be the only arguments against the messages on tshirts. Really this is a non-issue. I would view it as a previous poster put it;
    Oscorp wrote: »
    Of course you can do better things, but dedicating a moment of triumph to a deceased relative/friend in front of a large audience is a nice touch.

We'll have to disagree so. I thought it was going to spread here to the GAA for awhile when Mortimer from Mayo unveiled the "tribute" to Michael Jackson but had spelled Michael incorrectly.

You can't be going around showing any sign of emotion in Gah they'll have you excommunicated from the organisation

"Childish" and "immature" appear to be the only arguments against the messages on tshirts. Really this is a non-issue. I would view it as a previous poster put it;

It's all a matter of opinion and mine is different from yours but it will fall to FIFA soon i'd imagine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's all a matter of opinion and mine is different from yours but it will fall to FIFA soon i'd imagine.

You are spoofing on a Sepp Blatter level now. I doubt you're in his ear though.

You are spoofing on a Sepp Blatter level now. I doubt you're in his ear though.

Did you not see the "i'd imagine" bit.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I love the Kaka thing but its so dumb at the same time. But his opinion!

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I love the Kaka thing but its so dumb at the same time. But his opinion!

I wonder will the World's best Player, Lionel Messi reveal one in time? Wouldn't think so.

I wonder will the World's best Player, Lionel Messi reveal one in time? Wouldn't think so.
    photo_1295988714151-1-0280x189.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

messi.jpg

And another.

photo_1295988714151-1-0280x189.jpg

He's let me down now. I'll have to switch back to Ronaldo :pac:

• Advertisement

He's let me down now. I'll have to switch back to Ronaldo :pac:
    It's a message for his mammy. Surely you wouldn't want him booked for that :pac:

It's a message for his mammy. Surely you wouldn't want him booked for that :pac:

Couldn't he afford to send her a few flowers :D
    What if someone had one "The Pope is a B******" at a Celtic v Rangers game?
    Do you think it couldn't happen?

Couldn't he afford to send her a few flowers :D
    What if someone had one "The Pope is a B******" at a Celtic v Rangers game?
    Do you think it couldn't happen?
    That's a completely different argument altogether. Should you ban banners and flags then in case somebody writes something similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Not a fan of most of them but I am a freedom of speech and expression type of guy so let them do what they want as long as its tasteful. I think things such as dedicating goals to criminals or trying to influence a court case is not acceptable but i think thats up to the employers of the individuals to deal with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Or
    There is no god etc

They'd be stopped pretty soon after that.
    Couldn't have the atheists beating kakas gang.

At every GAA match theres a guy with John 3:16 banner behind the goal.
    No one bats an eyelid until someone produces some atheist version - "The only god here is wearing No.9" or something with less humour.

Either everything is allowed or nothing in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

There's not enough effort or imagination being put into them. "Why always me" was brilliant. "God is Great" not so much.

I don't think Pienaar was intending to be imaginative, he just wanted to thank god for what he has(for whatever reason)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I don't think Pienaar was intending to be imaginative, he just wanted to thank god for what he has(for whatever reason)

Either way it's sh1te. Didnt Fowler get in trouble years back over a a shirt supporting the liverpool dockers i always thought they were banned from then on.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

While I prefer religion and politics to be kept out of football, once the message isn't offensive or provoking I don't mind, although there is the obvious flaw of both of those things being subjective.

I find some of the dedications (particularly Billy Sharp's) to be touching and provide a human touch to whats become a millionaires game in the upper leagues.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Either way it's sh1te. Didnt Fowler get in trouble years back over a a shirt supporting the liverpool dockers i always thought they were banned from then on.

Oh yeah I think its nonsense but at same time I love that image of Kaka, but at same time its a bit weird tbh. Why does he belong to Jesus anyway haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Oh yeah I think its nonsense but at same time I love that image of Kaka, but at same time its a bit weird tbh. Why does he belong to Jesus anyway haha

Jesus didn't help him too much in Istanbul 2005 did he???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Or
    There is no god etc

They'd be stopped pretty soon after that.
    Couldn't have the atheists beating kakas gang.

At every GAA match theres a guy with John 3:16 banner behind the goal.
    No one bats an eyelid until someone produces some atheist version - "The only god here is wearing No.9" or something with less humour.

Either everything is allowed or nothing in my opinion.

Racism is banned on boards, gonna close your account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man United are gonna be the cause of early deaths if we dont be careful.:D

Ye want to check out yer blood pressure some of you.

and some were thinking Messi was a class act.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

MortimerConor_MichaelJacksonTribute.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Racism is banned on boards, gonna close your account?
    Where is the racism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

djPSB wrote: »

Spelling Fail!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

djPSB wrote: »

What is the Mayo-Michael Jackson connection? Same as the Fulham connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Stephen Pienaar was trying to lift up his shirt after his goal yesterday and one of his team mates, think it was Jelavic, was hell bent on trying to stop him and was covering his mouth, wonder what all that was about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

I heard that he fell into a pool when he was young and he was nearly paralyzed. He believes that Jesus saved him so he dedicates a lot to the big man. Just wiki'd him. That's a nice tribute
    At the age of 18, Kaká suffered a career-threatening and possibly paralysis-inducing spinal fracture as a result of a swimming pool accident, but remarkably made a full recovery. He attributes his recovery to God and has since tithed his income to his church

Just heard that Dzeko got booked for this

article_71fbd1447f78bbb7_1357057686_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Surely the ref can book a player if they have a message which may cause offence? Instead of just booking everyone.
    Billy Sharp wasn't booked, and rightly so. It'd be kinda cold to punish him for a tribute like that when everyone is watching. And for Dzeko to be booked for that?! It's pathetic in my opinion.

Even booking players for taking off their jersey in the first place is a bit OTT in my opinion. Let them celebrate ffs! If they go too far (like Adebayor) then book them. If not let them enjoy their moment

I heard that he fell into a pool when he was young and he was nearly paralyzed. He believes that Jesus saved him so he dedicates a lot to the big man. Just wiki'd him. That's a nice tribute

Just heard that Dzeko got booked for this

article_71fbd1447f78bbb7_1357057686_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Surely the ref can book a player if they have a message which may cause offence? Instead of just booking everyone.
    Billy Sharp wasn't booked, and rightly so. It'd be kinda cold to punish him for a tribute like that when everyone is watching. And for Dzeko to be booked for that?! It's pathetic in my opinion.

Even booking players for taking off their jersey in the first place is a bit OTT in my opinion. Let them celebrate ffs! If they go too far (like Adebayor) then book them. If not let them enjoy their moment
    What did Adebayor do?

• Advertisement
Advertisement