Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footballers revealing shirts with messages.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dzeko took his full jersey off didn't he? If he did then that's a booking. Pulling your jersey up and behind your head is a booking. Just lifting your jersey apparently isn't and is why RVP didn't get booked.
    Berba got booked for taking his shirt off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What did Adebayor do?

You support Arsenal, do you need to ask what he done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

batistuta9 wrote: »
    You support Arsenal, do you need to ask what he done?

Ah that was ages ago. Thought he did something today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

What did Adebayor do?

Nevermind
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Dzeko took his full jersey off didn't he? If he did then that's a booking. Pulling your jersey up and behind your head is a booking. Just lifting your jersey apparently isn't and is why RVP didn't get booked.
    Berba got booked for taking his shirt off too.

Yeah I know it's the rules that they have to book them, I'm just saying I think it's ridiculous to book someone for having 'happy new year' on their tshirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ah that was ages ago. Thought he did something today.

He probably did :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

batistuta9 wrote: »
    He probably did :pac:

Hoped he did something stupid stupid when he got his first of the season ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Taking a booking just to reveal a Happy New Year message is an awful stupid thing to do in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah I know it's the rules that they have to book them, I'm just saying I think it's ridiculous to book someone for having 'happy new year' on their tshirt

Thats not why he was booked though. had he not displayed that message, but still taken off his jersey, he'd have still been booked. Had he merely revealed the message without taking his shirt over his head, he wouldn't have been booked.

Whatever way you look at it, the players know the rules - they're not that hard to obey, as RVP showed today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Jesus wept

Booking players for taking off their shirt is stupid enough as it is, let them bloody show their messages and build a bridge and move on.

If I was on 100k a week scoring goals in the PL my shirt would constantly say

"Darcy can you ****ing believe it"

*schoolboy manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,387 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Needless bookings, its up their way getting booked for celebrating with your fans IMO.

a few weeks ago a player should have been sent off for celebrating - If i was his manager I would have gone mental at him!

He took off his shirt, and then ran the length of the pitch to jump into the fans section. By the letter of the law it should have been a yellow for each. Don't think anything happened though.

EDIT: Was a blackpool game on december 7th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,387 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Even booking players for taking off their jersey in the first place is a bit OTT in my opinion. Let them celebrate ffs! If they go too far (like Adebayor) then book them. If not let them enjoy their moment

I find it amusing that taking your shirt off during a game is 'worthy' of a booking, but taking your shirt off as you walk off the pitch at HT or FT is absolutely fine - no logic to it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TheDoc wrote: »
    Booking players for taking off their shirt is stupid enough as it is, let them bloody show their messages and build a bridge and move on.

So how long would it be before you start seeing hateful messages about certain religions or minorities or whatever? If you are allowed display your message like you suggest, that sort of thing would happen eventually. A lot of footballers arent the smartest lot so would think its ok because someone else had a message on their shirt.

Advertisement