Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Android Programming

Options
  • 29-12-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

When i say new i havent even started but i want to learn the basics and eventually aim to create a simple app that just opens a webpage in phone browser. Kind of like the Youtube App for Windows phone. Literally just opens the mobile version of youtube.com in browser.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

You would want to know about xml and java to begin with. Have you ever used eclipse before? If not, thats a good place to start.

You probably know the difference between Windows phone and android but if not - they're different.

I would start by getting an Android for beginners book, a java for beginners book and downloading/installing eclipse. You will have to install the Android SDK and you will find lots of sample projects in there. The best resource on the net is developer.android.com - and of course stackoverflow (but thats a given).

I didn't enjoy android development but I guess you can't please everyone.

Good luck!

Advertisement