Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noisy neighbours dog

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

exador wrote: »
    Lean over the fence and put the dog in your own back garden. Let it bark all night...see how they like it !

Or you could ring them on private number at 3am and when they answer just start barking down the phone...they will eventually gte the message after a few calls..

Absolutely hilarious :) love them both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Apologies for the serious suggestion.

If you have time take it for a walk. Dog is bored and gets no excercise and is on it's own which makes them panic. After a few days you will be able to let dog off lead and run around, after a week he won't bark.
    Would love to but we are not on speaking terms with the neighbours so thats a no goer.... Animal welfare are no use either as they won't d do anything unless there are major signs of neglect of which there its none as the doh had a kennel and its fed,.i assume....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Get yourself a dog whistle.
    When the dog barks - blow the whistle.

It won't take long to train it not to bark.

You don't need to talk to the neighbors or get anyone else to do anything. Easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Download Vid of Savage Wolfe Howling, Snarling, and Barking., play it loudly everytime the dog barks, this really works,...just saying:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

brenn7475 wrote: »
    I have had the same problem for years...asshole up the road leaves his dog out in a confined space and it barks constantly. There is not much you can do about it. I left in a note through the door one day because I was so pissed of and was studying for exams. The reason I did this was because I didn't want agro either. If you live beside them you could set up one of these. I'm sure you can get one on a more local website/ Ireland/UK. Just an example http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm#page=Main-Tab

ah ffs where was this post 5 years ago!

fuh q and the horse you rode in on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mckenzie84

Go in with a hurley and bust 'em up. Just don't hurt the dog! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Seriously why would you shoot the dog? People act like the dog is outside with a cunning plan to bark non stop to piss them off and revelling in their misery. Dogs bark for a reason because they are lonely, bored, stressed, hungry etc. shoot the fukcing owner if you are going to shoot anyone and don't be such a ****ing coward.

And I say the above as someone who has been through this, next door neighbour moved in, got a puppy and the novelty wore off, ****ed the dog out the back and that was it. Eventually the dog damaged the fence and would come into our back garden to hang out with our dog when he was out there. One day when I opened the door the poor dog ran into the house and when I picked him up I could see the poor decker was walking with fleas. I had been knocked at her door various times to try and get it sorted but she was never there, there was nobody feeding the dog, he was out in all weather with no shelter and was only looking for a bit of company so we started feeding him.It all came to ahead one evening and I mananged to get her landlords number. Rang him, turned out it was part of the terms of the lease that their were no dogs allowed and she was gone to dublin for the whole weekend having not been there fr the whole week before, god only knows how long it had been since that dg was fed. The landlord rang her father and told her the dog was to be taken away that night, haven't seen him since. I made it clear to the landlord that nothing was to happen to the dog and that I would take him and try and re-home him if it was the case that he was to be thrown from a car or put into a pound as the **** clearly didn't give a **** about the poor little fella, he assured me that wouldn't be the case as he is a dog lover himself, but I don't know what happened in the end.

So I understand that it is incredibly annoying but if someone treated you like that I'm sure you would be ****ing barking too, why add to an animals misery? Man up and sort something out instead of being a sneaky, cowardly bastard and shooting an innocent dog because you are afraid to confront your neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    So I understand that it is incredibly annoying but if someone treated you like that I'm sure you would be ****ing barking too, why add to an animals misery? Man up and sort something out instead of being a sneaky, cowardly bastard and shooting an innocent dog because you are afraid to confront your neighbours.

I have no intention of shooting the dog as I am a pet owner with a dog and two cats.... I know its not the dogs fault and i am not in a situation to call in and sort this issue like adults as they are spiteful bastards, but i will get an ultrasound dog whistle that should have the desired effect..... that failing i will contact the community welfare officer....:)

I have no intention of shooting the dog as I am a pet owner with a dog and two cats.... I know its not the dogs fault and i am not in a situation to call in and sort this issue like adults as they are spiteful bastards, but i will get an ultrasound dog whistle that should have the desired effect..... that failing i will contact the community welfare officer....:)

Fair enough. I really hope you get is sorted as I know how annoying it is. It just really gets my blood up when people talk about shooting the dog etc. as it's not dealing with the actual issue which is the owners. There really does need to be a change in this country with the laws regarding barking dogs as its a very slow and difficult process to try and get results. In the mean time I would start recording everything. Keep a notebook dog barked from 2:12 pm to 2.37 pm and so forth, even get some video and sound recordings and make sure they are time stamped that way you have some definite proof to take to the community welfare officer and a solicitor if needs be. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Would love to drive over the little runt exvept its never been out of their back garden....

Poor dog, that's horrible :(

Don't even think of doing anything harmful to it OP, it's not the dog's fault it's lonely and miserable. Have some pity for the poor fella. I'm sure it doesn't want to spend its life trapped in a back garden by itself either. It's only an animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Lob a poisoned steak over the wall. That usually works

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

Thanks for that Brenn.... Might just be a goer, although at $90 & shipping, it will be an expensive way to get the fu## ing dog to stop...

i would get this- if it works of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Get a parabolic speaker, aim it at your neighbours bedroom window, and at night, playback their dog barking at 10x volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

In fairness I dont belive that anyone was serious about harming the dog. If you really believe that anyone was gonna shoot the dog then you need to get a sense of humour.

Anyway it may be gun dog in which case it may shoot back, !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I envy people who have nothing to worry about but their neighbours dog.

• Advertisement

In fairness I dont belive that anyone was serious about harming the dog. If you really believe that anyone was gonna shoot the dog then you need to get a sense of humour.

In fairness if you are anyway involved in animal welfare checked then you know that this isn't true. Niall boylan did a show on this and some fella rang in to say that he had beaten his neighbours dog a with a shovel because it was barking non stop. He was getting ragged on so another fella rang in and said that he had shot a dog because it was running loose and came in to his yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jimmy 2

tell have of you on here if i new who you were id make sure you were reported for curelty to animals and then id make sure i have enough poison to kill you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Please don't do anything to the poor puppy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Don't underestimate how cruel and spiteful some people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

ive had the same problem with neighbours dog, barking for hours at a time anytime of the day or night, they are not elderly neither just a horrible family who leave the dog out the back while they sit in their front room claiming that they can't hear the dog, its never the dogs fault some people should just not be allowed own pets, my mother did go somewhere about it and filled out some forms (don't know exactly what) but it hasn't been barking constantly since

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

pmcmahon wrote: »
    I envy people who have nothing to worry about but their neighbours dog.

I dont think the op is 'worried' about the goddam dog, they're worried about their own sanity.

You've obviously never had to live next door to constant barking day and night...some people can live next door to 24hr raves , and that's all well and good, but there is such a thing as common courtesy, which the majority of society try to adhere to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

ive had the same problem with neighbours dog, barking for hours at a time anytime of the day or night, they are not elderly neither just a horrible family who leave the dog out the back while they sit in their front room claiming that they can't hear the dog, its never the dogs fault some people should just not be allowed own pets, my mother did go somewhere about it and filled out some forms (don't know exactly what) but it hasn't been barking constantly since

:eek:

Advertisement