Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog wee

• 29-12-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey,

Hoping someone can help....I have a border terrier. When we got her (2months ago) she was already house trained, and trained to wee on newspaper. Up to now if she really needs to wee at night or if we are at work she will use the newspaper.

However recently,
    1) she is not keeping her wee in until we go out forca walk (which she is trained to do)
    2) she will not wee on the newspaper when we are in the sane room as her. She will wee anywhere else though.

She lives inside but gets out 4 times a day for exercise and toilet breaks. I seem to be cleaning up more and more wee in the last couple if weeks. Why the change??
    Advise would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi Lezdid,
    Any change in normal toilet behaviour must be investigated by the vet: changes such as this almost always have an underlying medical cause. This could be a UTI, but in fact it could be an infection of problem anywhere in the body, which are making her behave outside her normal routine. Also, depending on what age she is now, she may be thinking about coming into heat, which often makes them do odd things in the toilet department.
    I hope this helps: I'm afraid a visit to the vet is a must in this case.
    Border Terriers are fab, btw :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Definitely check if she has a UTI with the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Lezdid

Thanks for the info....will get her checked out!!

Advertisement