Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling & Dollar accounts with ulster bank ?

Options
  • 29-12-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping to do a little business in both the US & UK & rather than faff about with exchange rates, was thinking of having a Sterling & Dollar account attached to my own account.

Does anyone know if this is difficult to set up & if there's any additional charges ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

An operational fx account ie chq book etc costs a lot more to run than a normal account.

Ask for a stg/USD hold account. It's a type of savings account that pays crap interest. It's not viewable on line and transactions to and from it must be done in branch. There is also a min balance needed to open and most front line staff will not have a clue what or how to open one. So best make an appointment to talk to someone about it.

If you live near NI just open a stg account with UB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

OU812 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hoping to do a little business in both the US & UK & rather than faff about with exchange rates, was thinking of having a Sterling & Dollar account attached to my own account.

Does anyone know if this is difficult to set up & if there's any additional charges ?

Shop around. Investec, PTSB, AIB and BoI all offer USD and GBP accounts. KBC and Nationwide UK offer GBP accounts.

Some of the KBC accounts pay good rates for GBP accounts. They can be opened in Dublin and I am pretty sure they can be viewed online.

Advertisement