Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you answer 'BLOCKED' numbers??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

No. As O2 generally texts you telling 086 whatever called.

They often text you what the blocked number was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

No. As O2 generally texts you telling 086 whatever called.

They often text you what the blocked number was

They do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Never. It's only ever recruitment agencies or someone trying to sell me something. I have enough to be doing in work without being polite to someone for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I dont understand people too scared to answer their phone. Big blubbery vaginas the lot of them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Only if I am expecting someone who uses a blocked number to call me.

Otherwise I ignore them

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

i like getting calls from blocked numbers , i get a buzz out of trying to think who could it be , i hate when i miss a blocked number and they don't leave a message or ring back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I'm less likely to answer an 01 number because if you live outside Dublin it's always a company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

Well I'm a vet and if someone has a sick animal in the clinic being treated and I for whatever reason need to ring them from my mobile, I'll block the number. The reason being that there are CERTAIN people who, if they get a hold of your private mobile number, will absolutely torture you day and night for ever more,treating you like a 24/7 private helpline.

So if your sick dog is at the vets... Answer the blocked number!! Please :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just for those of you on Android

Download the App 'Avast Mobile Security' (it's free)

When downloaded select 'SMS & Call Filter'

Add whatever numbers you want blocking, they will go straight to Voicemail, if you want Private Numbers blocking then choose 'All Hidden Numbers'

Ya can also chose what time's you want certain numbers blocking, or 24/7.

Blocks texts too :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Never answer blocked calls, I'd like to decide whether I want to take the call or not.

Same with anyone calling to my front door, I'd rather I know someone was going to call in, again so I have the choice of whether I want to see someone or have the time to.

Advertisement