Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Towers Apartments, Lee Road

Options
  • 29-12-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi,

A friend and myself are thinking about moving into the River Towers Apartments, Lee Road, Cork.

Just looking to get opinions of current and ex tenants of the property?

Looking to see if UPC broadband there well

We are professionals so looking for the quite life

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

WHich apartments are you looking at, the new block or the old one?

It's a lovely location, with stunning views and within healthy walking distance of the City Centre.

Most tenants there are Medical Professionals or those doing PHds etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hi,
    UPC is is not available there as far as I know, I have a friend who lived there upw to last year and couldn't get it. You can put the address into the UPC website as if you were to order a package and it will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bastiaan75

Hi everybody,

We are also looking at moving into the River Towers. Unfortunately we do not have a car, so public transport is a must.
    How far walking is it to the nearest bus stop? Are there any shops in walking distance?

My place of work will be in Ballincollig, with the bus just on the other side of The Lee. Is the nearest bridge also in walking distance?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

It is a healthy walk, but not too long to be impractical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bastiaan75

Thanks. What exactly is a healthy walk for you? Can you give me an idea in minutes? :-) And did you mean the walk to the nearest bus into town, or the one across the river to Ballincollig?

• Advertisement

You could walk to the bus stops on Western road in 15-30 minutes, depending how fast a walker you are. Its a bit more of an epic trek to Ballincollig.

Like the walk those lads on the lord of the rings did, only with more orks and less Elves.
    About the same number of dwarves and Hobbits though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Electric heaters !

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

What's going on here this evening three fire brigades, police and forensics..some big yellow mat laid out in the middle of our car park too...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Fire Brigade tweeted about "serious incident".
    Any updates?

THE BODY OF A 45 YEAR OLD MAN HAS BEEN FOUND IN AN APARTMENT IN CORK - neil@redfm.ie https://t.co/0QvE1J5kli

• Advertisement

Breaking : The body of a 45 year old man has been found at an apartment on the Lee Rd #Cork. The body is thought to have been there since Friday last. Its believed the man may have suffered sun stroke. @CorkCityFire @AmbulanceNAS @GardaTraffic @CorkCityFire #33News https://t.co/GzqL35qBId

4 Guards waiting at the lift when my missus was leaving ours a few minutes ago, they had a battering ram with them. At least that's what I think it is based on her description...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

4 Guards waiting at the lift when my missus was leaving ours a few minutes ago, they had a battering ram with them. At least that's what I think it is based on her description...

I'd say that was related to the murder of the Polish man last week. Paul Byrne reported Gardai raided a number of homes early this morning, including one on the Lee Road.

I'd say that was related to the murder of the Polish man last week. Paul Byrne reported Gardai raided a number of homes early this morning, including one on the Lee Road.

Ah yes. That makes sense. Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PeterT1906

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying an apartment in River Towers to live in. Can anyone say what's its like to live there?

Advertisement