Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using BOI card in Scotland

Options
  • 29-12-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

hi, I am moving to Scotland soon and was wondering will I be able to access money from my bank account here (BOI) using my normal pass card at a BOI cash machine there or would I have to close my account here and carry the cash on person until I can open a different bank account. All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bmarley wrote: »
    hi, I am moving to Scotland soon and was wondering will I be able to access money from my bank account here (BOI) using my normal pass card at a BOI cash machine there or would I have to close my account here and carry the cash on person until I can open a different bank account. All advice appreciated.

You should be able to use your bank card abroad but they usually charge a fortune for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Thanks for your reply. Should it be easy enough to open a new account with the same bank once i get there and get my money transferred over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi bmarley,

Thanks for posting.

We have information on using the Visa Debit card outside the EU or EEA here. If your card is an ATM only card, it will not work at ATMs outside Ireland.

We no longer have a branch network in Scotland and Personal Sterling Accounts are opened through our Northern Ireland offices. You can find information on accounts and services available here, on our UK website.

The best of luck with your move and if we can help with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement