Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Buddy to Australia/Advice

Options
  • 29-12-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I'm a 24 year old male, travelling to Australia in March 2013 on a working holiday visa. I'm heading to Perth first, hopefully work for a few months and then travel on. Is anybody planning a similar trip?, I'm going it alone, but I do know some people out there.

BTW should have mentioned I'm a fairly easygoing guy, that doesn't take life too seriously.

If there is anybody who is doing or completed a similar trip, any tips would be greatly appreciated. I know one of the big things is to bring plenty of money as its pricey out there, have heard stories of nights out with a few beers costing 400 dollars, saving wont last long at that rate! :)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

If youre looking for someone to travel with - try travbuddy.com.

I signed up this time last year and have met loads of people since - found a girl doin the same trip as me and we're great friends now meetin up all the time! We're Heading to asia on april 1st then to oz in the summer.

Best of luck on your trip and who knows i might meet ya dwn in oz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jtmk3

Hi Naid23
    Thanks a million for your help, just had a look at travbuddy and it looks great so I signed up, fingers crossed!
    Hopefully will meet in Oz, I'm not exactly sure where Ill be when you arrive in the summer, but send me a message when you arrive and you never know. Specially if your thinking of arriving in Perth first, I should be there a few months and may have a few tips and pointers for ye.
    Thanks again for the link to travbuddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

jtmk3,

I'm in Perth now just about 6 months, we're in the middle of a heat wave now but by the time you get here we should be out of it (hopefully) it's roastin!!

Perth is pricey but so is all of oz, you just need to know where to go. I'm here with my girlfriend and we had it very tough at the start, luckily I have a mate here and got to stay with him when we got here. But finding a job wasn't easy and looking for a place to live was just as bad. We we're living with my mate for 4 months and it took me 3 to find a job.

If you want to get sponsored it's not as easy as you think, some companies won't even look at your CV if they see 417 in it.

If you want to ask any questions throw me a PM, wish I knew half of the stuff I know now, not as easy as the media make it here!

Dean

Advertisement