Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Guitar Doctor

Options
  • 30-12-2012 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a guitar doctor/repairer in the Castlebar or Westport area? I've searched the musical instrument forum and could only find info for ones in Galway. I was hoping to find someone a bit closer.
    Googling came up witha Luthier in Ballyvary but he seems to be bow instruments only.
    I have a bass guitar that needs some attention. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

There's a guy - think his name is Gert - who has opened a place on James Street in Westport doing guitar lessons/sales etc. Have no number or anything I'm afraid, all I can tell you is he's opposite the tourist office.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

That sounds promising. I'll check that out.
    Saves me trying to get down to Galway with it. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

Try the music store castlebar, you'll find its number online. The owner actually plays/played in a band and is the kind of guy who will put you in the know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Would recommend Gert before the guy in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mb20064

I wouldn't recommended the guys in Castlebar - they know their stuff but your guaranteed to get ripped off, happened to me a few years back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Sounds like Gerts my man. If he isn't I guess it'll be a trip to Galway as I've had a few dealings with yer man in Castlebar over the years and am not keen on going back there for anything.

Thanks for the input and Happy New Year to y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Curly1Bob

Would recommend my pet dog before the guy in Castlebar waited 16 months for him to get me a skin for a drum before needless to say i had got the skin elseware long before he wrang me to say he had got it in, total disaster. Declan in Kiltimagh has repaired guitars, mixers, amps loads of stuff for me he is really good i highly recommend him and his prices are great, You might have the guitar fixed by now and Gert is closer to you but if you want to check it out google it music kiltimagh and you will find his shops website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Gert is the man. He can fix them right there in the new shop. Played with him a few times. Sweet guitarist. From Headford, German originally. Sound buck. Got his number here. Pm me if ya want it. I use Thomann for my gear though, Ireland is too expensive.

Advertisement