Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Online Pass

Options
  • 30-12-2012 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭

I bought by brother Need For Speed Most Wanted for christmas and the online pass sheet had been sitting on the table for the past few days and my mum must have decided it was a piece of rubbish and threw it out :pac:

Is there any way of getting EA to bypass it or send out a new one? I genuinely bought it new and now that he's completed single player he wants to try it online :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Def no way around it dude, you'll have to get a new one.
    They're about 800msp on Xbox live which equates to 8-9euro, you could get lucky and someone might have a code from it spare as they dont play online. Check adverts.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Just call EA and explain it to them. I got a free one off them for Battlefield Bad Co. 2 a few years ago.

When I say explain I mean shout......................shout alot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'd just contact them either online or over the phone and provide a scan of the receipt and your EA account. They'll hopefully provide you with a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

My son got NFS: MW as a present over the xmas, & can't play multiplayer because apparently "We're sorry, but you do not meet the age requirements in order to create an Origin account". My son is 10, & the game on the front cover is rated for ages 7 & upwards. Is there anything that can be done about this?

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    My son got NFS: MW as a present over the xmas, & can't play multiplayer because apparently "We're sorry, but you do not meet the age requirements in order to create an Origin account". My son is 10, & the game on the front cover is rated for ages 7 & upwards. Is there anything that can be done about this?
    No. EA only allow people of 16 to play on their online servers regardless of the age rating on the game.
    They used to offer a service where a parent could ring EA customer support and have a consent form sent out to them to grant the child permission to access the servers. Not sure if they still offer it but might be worth a phone call

Felexicon wrote: »
    No. EA only allow people of 16 to play on their online servers regardless of the age rating on the game.
    They used to offer a service where a parent could ring EA customer support and have a consent form sent out to them to grant the child permission to access the servers. Not sure if they still offer it but might be worth a phone call

Jesus christ I've never heard such draconian bull in all my life. I won't bother ringing them, I think I know how that phone call would go. Its prob better I just avoid EA software altogether.

Cheers for the help dudde

Jesus christ I've never heard such draconian bull in all my life. I won't bother ringing them, I think I know how that phone call would go. Its prob better I just avoid EA software altogether.

Cheers for the help dudde
    Just checked with EA online chat support(in work with little to do). It is possible to get him online, you just need to get them some account information for his EA account. It can be done over online chat support

Just checked with EA online chat support(in work with little to do). It is possible to get him online, you just need to get them some account information for his EA account. It can be done over online chat support

Thats very cool of you man, cheers. But the chat support button is greyed out for me...have you a link to a different one or something?

Thats very cool of you man, cheers. But the chat support button is greyed out for me...have you a link to a different one or something?
    https://help.ea.com/contact-us?product=need-for-speed-most-wanted

Change the country to UK and sign into your sons EA account

• Advertisement

https://help.ea.com/contact-us?product=need-for-speed-most-wanted

Change the country to UK and sign into your sons EA account

I had to make an account there just to get into chat. I'm in now, what way should I word it to them because the chat support guy seems a bit miffed & has me looking at setting up my sons account as a child account to my own?

I had to make an account there just to get into chat. I'm in now, what way should I word it to them because the chat support guy seems a bit miffed & has me looking at setting up my sons account as a child account to my own?
    Tell him that you bought your son NFS MW at christmas but it says he is too young to play it. Tell them your son is 13 and you want him to have access to the online features of the game.
    Does your son already have an EA account? If not set one up for him seperate to your own that you've just created now

Ok its done, after three hours :o

Basically I had to set up a new origin account, & have them link my sons gamertag to it - thereby superceding any age restrictions. The Origin staff were all very helpful & even threw in a 15% discount code for good measure on any future purchase.

Ok its done, after three hours :o

Basically I had to set up a new origin account, & have them link my sons gamertag to it - thereby superceding any age restrictions. The Origin staff were all very helpful & even threw in a 15% discount code for good measure on any future purchase.
    Good stuff!
    I'll expect the discount code through PM then yeah :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The codes for the EA PC origin store right?

That's what I've gotten from them previously, there is a valid till date on them so watch out.

Good stuff!
    I'll expect the discount code through PM then yeah :p

Pm sent. I never buy EA/Origin stuff thats pc based so its all yours man.
    Varik wrote: »
    The codes for the EA PC origin store right?

That's what I've gotten from them previously, there is a valid till date on them so watch out.

Yep the mail says its valid for one month only, cheers for the heads up

Advertisement