Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad's difference

• 30-12-2012 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi there.

I used to be so up to date with technology and I have just fallen behind
    I have iPhone 4S, love it, but would love iPad but haven't a clue about them.
    Would someone mind explaining bout iPads eg how many types, difference, Best place to buy, what's available now, roughly launch date.

I know I could spend ages looking all this info up but I find boards fantastic and I'm intrigued with all the "mind of information" people out there.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Just to add to the very good explanation above, iPad mini has similar spec as iPad 2, basically mini is a shrunk down iPad 2 (with better camera).
    If you're looking for value for money (and you want the big iPad) try to find an iPad 3rd gen, it's nearly as good as the 4 but as its now discontinued you might/should find them with a good discount (if you can find one).
    You can also find refurbished iPads from apple online store at reduced price...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Prices are tightly controlled by Apple across retail shops but every now and again some shops discount them.

I got my iPad 4 in Powercity Finglas the other day for €484 (usuall RRP is €509). I havent put mine down since i bought it :D except for now as im on the PC, as im *cough cough* downloading some movies for the little fella *cough cough* :D
    Apple have Black Friday sales, but that is in November/December where they sold the iPad 4 for €468.

Buy wherever has stock, it makes no difference to warranty etc as its all through apple anyway.

buy through www.apple.ie if you want free engraving or buy in store if you want it in your hands today but bear in mind the mini is out of stock in a lot of stores in ireland/uk.

Advertisement