Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering my Visa Debit card...

Options
  • 30-12-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I was hoping to use my new bank card to purchase something online today, up until today I hadn't used my new card so I activated it by making a withdrawl at an atm.
    Got back to purchase the item and I keep getting told I don't have a valid card number.
    The booklet that came with the card said that when i'm shopping online I should be directed to the registration page for my Verified by Visa card, this has not happened.
    All google searches find me are the same information about the card that's in the booklet but nothing outside of that.

So in closing, i'm asking if someone can help me register the card so I can start using it to purchase items online??

I know it's a Sunday but if ye could sort me out today i'd be delighted. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi IliveinCork,

Thanks for your query. Once you have activated the card at an ATM you shouldn't have any issues using the card online provided that the retailer that you are trying to purchase from accepts Visa Debit as a method of payment.

If you would like to check to make sure your Visa Debit card was activated correctly or to see if there may be another issue that is preventing you from using your card, please ring Banking365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to assist you. To check to see if a specific retailer accepts Visa debit, you'll need to contact them directly.

I hope this helps. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 35 IliveinCork

Thanks Pat,

I'll check out what you mentioned, one quick question though: Is Visa debit a different payment method to Visa payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi IliveinCork,

Visa Debit can appear as Visa/ Visa Debit/ Visa Delta etc. It will depend on the merchant. Usually they are available anywhere that displays the Visa symbol. You would need to check with the retailer directly.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 35 IliveinCork

Cool, thanks Linda.

Advertisement