Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Broadband Rathborne Dublin 15

Options
  • 30-12-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I am looking fore some guidance regarding my broadband supplier, Smart Telecom in the Rathborne area, Dublin 15. The problem is that the service drops connection quite frequently and stays disconnected for long periods of time, typically from around 5pm to 9am week days and almost continually at week ends, it is almost like another user switches their broadband on upon returning home from work and knocks mine off. I have had flawless service for 6 years prior to this, with download speeds averaging 9 to 12 Mbps. Smart engineers have tried to fix the problem, but insist it is the cable and therefore not their responsibility, which I disagree with.

There is an engineer booked again for next week, and I will probably get the same response, unfortunately to the best of my knowledge I am the only resident in the area with this problem.

All advise welcome, as I am thinking of putting this case to the telecoms regulator.

Thanks

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

Probable not related, but I too had similar problems with select times re getting knocked off etc... I'm no engineer I put it down to the modem... its as if it can't handle peek-times or any kind of a drop and then bamm disconnected. I swapped it out for an old vodafone one I had... touch wood I haven't had a problem since.

If anything get the engineer to swap out the modem and if it continues try a different modem altogether, worked for me.

On another point...
    Whats the sound quality like during phone calls, do you have any hissing or crackling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dnrainey

Oneidea,

Thanks for you post, and my comments are that I have been through several modems and same problem occurs, as for phone quality it is perfect all the time and has never been affected.

Engineer due tomorrow, here goes for the third time!

Advertisement