Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy household rubbish bags?

Options
  • 15-04-2011 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where is the cheapest place to buy the city bin bags?
    €4.50 a pop seems a bit expensive. Need to find the cheapest option!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 niall1980

Do they have to have city bin printed on them or can they just be a clear bin bag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where is the cheapest place to buy the city bin bags?
    €4.50 a pop seems a bit expensive. Need to find the cheapest option!

Thanks
    You are not just buying the bin bags, you are buying the City Bin collection service.

The bags are not expensive, they just include the charge for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

€4 in macisaacs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 WindyMyth

At Holland's right by Eyre Square you can get 3 for $9.50. Best deal I've found so far. They say it's a "sale" but it's been that way for at least four months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tumblywumbly

cool. that's a lot better than €4.50 a go. It all adds up in the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

in clare they're 8.50! i thought 4.50 was really cheap but il definately try hollands now, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Our babysitter lives in an apartment block and tells us many people put their rubbish in their bins! Seems the done thing, I wonder do their management company not know though!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do you specifically want bags from City Bins? Or just bin-bags that can be used in the city?

We buy the city council ones, but only use half a bag each week (the iron seals the bottom of the other half very nicely), which keeps the cost down. And it's not like two people generate that much rubbish in a week either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

My mate's ex buys Barna Waste bags from the city centre newsagents . Not too sure of the price, but def better value than City bin. They collect daily... not too sure how often City Bin collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 elcy86

Does anyone have any idea what days the City bin co collect around the city centre?? Living on Eyre st. and have 3 big bags to put out, can't see it on the website, only seems to have info on collection of actual bins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

elcy86 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what days the City bin co collect around the city centre?? Living on Eyre st. and have 3 big bags to put out, can't see it on the website, only seems to have info on collection of actual bins.

Do they send around a special truck to collect the bags?

Email City Bins themselves and ask. I have done in the past and have found their customer service fantastic - got a really quick and helpful reply from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

snubbleste wrote: »
    Do they send around a special truck to collect the bags?

Yes they do.it only collects between 5 and 6am and is manned by oompa loompas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 elcy86

Email City Bins themselves and ask. I have done in the past and have found their customer service fantastic - got a really quick and helpful reply from them.

Will do, thanks. Moving out this week and don't want to end up putting them out on a wednesday when their collected on a tuesday kind of thing (usually use GCC)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They do the city everyday except Sunday. Usually in the morning but sometimes they swing around in the afternoon as well. Just dont put em out the night before if you are on Eyre St.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

WindyMyth wrote: »
    At Holland's right by Eyre Square you can get 3 for $9.50. Best deal I've found so far. They say it's a "sale" but it's been that way for at least four months now.

It's been like this for at least 2-3 years.Long may it last!

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Mace opposite Foster Court hotel do em 3 for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Robmeister2011

Hi guys, just a quick one. Living on Bohermore behind Tesco. Anyone know the nearest place to.get City Bin Co., bags? Moving house and need to.get rid of a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Used to get them in Hollands in town, corner of eyre square near supermacs do them 3 for €10.50 or something like that. Could be wrong in the price, but I know there's a deal of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Used to get them in Hollands in town, corner of eyre square near supermacs do them 3 for €10.50 or something like that. Could be wrong in the price, but I know there's a deal of some sort.
    3 for 11.99 now im fairly sure, still cheaper than elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

€4 per bag in O'Brien's Newsagents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Bit of an old thread, but is there anyone apart from City Bin who supply the bin bags only service. I'm not really suitable for wheelie bins?

Holland's still do 3 CB bags for €12, any better around the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Barna Waste do bags too as mentioned above. I don't know cost.

Contacted Barna Waste, now called Barna Recycling, they no longer offer a PAYG bin service to the public unless you were on a pre approved Galway city council list of bag only residents as they have taken over that service. Can't get on it now.

Bummer.

Contacted Barna Waste, now called Barna Recycling, they no longer offer a PAYG bin service to the public unless you were on a pre approved Galway city council list of bag only residents as they have taken over that service. Can't get on it now.

Bummer.

But there was no such list maintained by the council: they sold bag to anyone, and only requested addresses for receipt purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

But there was no such list maintained by the council: they sold bag to anyone, and only requested addresses for receipt purposes.

There was a list maintained by the council, all bags sold and the address they were to be used at were recorded and I imagine this was then transferred to Barna when the switch took place.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bins or bags? You mention both in post.

biko wrote: »
    Bins or bags? You mention both in post.

Just bags, Barna Waste only pick up the bags from people on the list which is closed. Bins are available to anyone in the pickup areas AFIAK

Just bags, Barna Waste only pick up the bags from people on the list which is closed. Bins are available to anyone in the pickup areas AFIAK

People, or addresses?

Does that mean that anyone who moves into the city centre in an address where bins are not possible is trapped into using City Bins?

• Advertisement

People, or addresses?

Does that mean that anyone who loves into the city centre in an address where bins are not possible is trapped into using City Bins?

As far as I know yes, however I have seen Walsh Waste bin bags about the place but I think they are business only. The truck certainly passes my house and collects bins from a nearby business.

Also I was out at City Bin depot today and they sell the bags for 4 euro a pop, the guy said they occasionally do sales but only direct from themselves. He said the Hollands offer is probably the best in town to his knowledge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement