Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Cheapest HD Video + Camera phone

Options
  • 30-12-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

So i am still in love with my htc desire that i got back in the day , but its camera and video are letting me down trying to capture those moments with our new latest arrival.

As with the birth of a baby there were lots of costs so i am looking to be as cost effective as possible but not compromising on quality. We want an excellent camera 5MP or greater and great HD video.

I dont have much time to go trawling through the net and it probably isnt going to give a great indication as to how responsive the phone is.

So the Desire takes time to snap the photo leading to loads of blur (in perfect light) and the video is choppy (low fps) and low quality. I gather large cpu and good sensor is what is needed.

So i am looking for recommendation if anyone can give, I jumped onto the meteor site to search for hd video and it gives back the ...

Xperia J, GO
    Desire X
    Galaxy Ace Plus

These all fit into the <300 pay as you Go or what i will probably go for a 50-100 + 20 euro contract.

So are there others out there that I should be considering ? or which of the ones i have mentioned is head and sholders above the others ?

Much obliged for the help folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

For a good camera you would be better getting a N8. Its 2 years old but beats all 3 of them on the camera. Get one online new for roughly 200 and then stay on the plan you have for go prepay, or buy one secondhand on adverts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

Thanks davy, wasnt even thinking of that one . Does the N8 do HD video ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

SCRUB wrote: »
    Thanks davy, wasnt even thinking of that one . Does the N8 do HD video ?

ye @ 720p 30fps.

Have a search around youtube or google and you will see some ideas

Advertisement