Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to the Ilac Centre car park

Options
  • 30-12-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Coming from the north side, is it possible to come down Parnell Square & turn right onto Parnell Street? Haven't driven that way in ages:)

I know you can't go onto O Connell St from Parnell St anymore, just can't remember if you can turn right at the Gate theatre towards the Ilac Centre

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You can turn right at the Ambassador there alright. Make sure to change lanes as soon as you can though, otherwise you are in the filter lane to go back up the other side of Parnell Square as far as I am aware :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Thanks Miamee- really appreciate that

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

miamee wrote: »
    You can turn right at the Ambassador there alright. Make sure to change lanes as soon as you can though, otherwise you are in the filter lane to go back up the other side of Parnell Square as far as I am aware :D
    ...but you can't legally turn left from Dorset Street onto Frederick Street North (for Parnell Square) unless you're in a bus, taxi, bicycle or motorcycle.

You need to go further down Dorset Street and turn left onto Dominick Street (at the church). You can then access the Ilac Street car park by turning left on Parnell Street and then doing a U-turn at the Moore Street junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I know you can't go onto O Connell St from Parnell St anymore
    It's perfectly legal to go from O'Connell Street onto Parnell Street once you manage to get onto O'Connell Street in the first place (which can be done legally by accessing it using some smaller streets).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Easiest straightforward way when you don't know the shortcuts and prefer not to do u-turns in busy traffic is to get onto Gardiner St, turn right onto Parnell st and head all the way straight down to the Ilac entrance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement